BA prediction the end of camping staycations.... maybe? (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Reading my Daily Mail this morning, on the left hand side the "Tents" BA ad with typical British weather. On the other page the Antigua ad. Excellent prediction for 2022 me thinks.
Screenshot (41).png

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
For sure Antigua is the perfect place in the summer months, June to September being hurricane season and all!
It is a good point though Michael, as we both know living here Cornwall, it is heaving right now, I do wonder though unless the weather improves how many people will be back next year!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Yep the staycation and camping bubble will burst once this is over so next year a glut of 2nd had MH, Caravans, Tents etc. Our neighbours bought a caravan last year on a whim to get away, used it once and now sold it as they prefer a flying holiday on a beach, no doubt half the people in Cornwall now will be the same after being battered by the wind, torrential rain and having to wear a coat in August to keep warm 😀

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Its a whole new world sadly! We are still going ahead with our motorhome purchase! BA can keep their flights to Antigua sitting in a tube for 9 hours with a face mask on ! Sorry not for us! :giggle::giggle:
It is for us every couple of years for a bit of winter 🌞

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Great piece of marketing by BA and pretty much nailed it with those photos.
Maybe it will be easier to book a site next year and maybe those that charge astronomical prices will have to rethink.
And maybe Cornwall will welcome tourists with open arms :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Maybe site fees will return to pre Covid levels once foreign holidays begin in earnest.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The latest Go Outdoors catalogue that I still seem to be getting has reductions of up to 60% on camping gear including tents.

Market saturation point has been reached for staycation tenting newbies, I reckon.

Might next year see the traditional Glasto mudfest?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I will miss the peace and quiet. One benefit of the lockdowns was enjoying my garden without the SqueezyJets and Ryanairs overhead every few minutes.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Sounds good news to us, sold our Motorhome, buying another later this year or early next year.nearly new or new will do hopefully good deal to be done

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Sounds good news to us, sold our Motorhome, buying another later this year or early next year.nearly new or new will do hopefully good deal to be done
Probably nearly new after 1 trip, from a would be expert, who had been offered a simple choice, sell it or divorce!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Probably nearly new after 1 trip, from a would be expert, who had been offered a simple choice, sell it or divorce!
As a marketing guy I would present that as a threat......... and an opportunity. ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Brilliant ad. Loved Antigua too when we went there. However, BA business class (air miles perk) and all inclusive food and booze at the time. I wouldn't now fly 9 hours in cattle class with a mask on. Moho is ready to go, business class space, superior food and wine.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Might next year see the traditional Glasto mudfest?
I sincerely hope so! My spiritual home - sorely missed this year and last year - tickets rolled over x 2 and I fear this ole heart of mine won’t survive another postponement ( but at least Paul McCartney wont be headlining due to the delays - as they say - every cloud..😄)

Deleted User
Brilliant ad. Loved Antigua too when we went there. However, BA business class (air miles perk) and all inclusive food and booze at the time. I wouldn't now fly 9 hours in cattle class with a mask on. Moho is ready to go, business class space, superior food and wine.
And no screaming brats!! 😂

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Who predicted?
Of course an independent body of opinion it must be.
Squeey Jet are offering voluntary redundancy at the moment to Pilots, as they predict no up turn for five years at least.
Maybe a realignment in offerings plus pricing too!!

Deleted User
Who predicted?
Of course an independent body of opinion it must be.
Squeey Jet are offering voluntary redundancy at the moment to Pilots, as they predict no up turn for five years at least.
Maybe a realignment in offerings plus pricing too!!
The greedy covid testing scam also doesnt help with pricing!

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
On another brand forum 3 newbies who purchased in last 12 months used 5/6 times have put up for sale not to return.
Yes I've noticed this with people buying VWs of various types too. One had had the van 6 weeks and 'changed their mind'. Obviously their prerogative to do so of course, but I think quite a few vans sold in the last 6-12 months are starting to re-appear on the market.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back