B544 White diesel flap (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
9 years
Hi All. I need a white diesel cap flap for my van. It’s not the actual filler cap but the square white plastic lift up part, that covers the cap. Travelworld sent me one for £115 but it was the whole diesel cap and neck part, which I didn’t need. It’s just the simple lift up flap. I’ve searched tirelessly on the web to no avail. I know it’s quite a trivial part but still, one I’m looking for. I can find electric and water point flaps but not diesel. Any ideas please? Kind Regards

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I’ve got the same problem due to the little plastic clip breaking and the stupidity of Hymer not using magnetic screws to fix the unit.
It constantly flapped in the wind but I’ve got around it by replacing one of the four fixing screws with a steel one and gluing one of those strong mini magnets over the original very weak ones on the flap.
I’ve not been able to find the flap available without the whole unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can definitely buy them separately they come with a new hinge pin and spring. The one on my last van went dealer sent me one.
The newer ones with the magnets are just as bad the magnets rust away.

I can find electric and water point flaps but not diesel.
Does it matter if it has a tap symbol on it, if it does worry you remove it with a mild solvent or put a label on it.

This may be the same you need to check as there are a few manufacturers. Probably easier to remove the water one to check the manufacturer.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=223727569444

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I also have the same problem but the edge of the surround is damaged also.Previous owner had a scrape there and took it off.I removed it and the neck but from memory it was all in one piece,mine is grey but wouldn’t be too worried if was white,have lived with it but would like to replace,looks ghastly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rona

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Cornwall, uk
Funster No
MH
HYMER B585
Exp
10 years
Hi All. I need a white diesel cap flap for my van. It’s not the actual filler cap but the square white plastic lift up part, that covers the cap. Travelworld sent me one for £115 but it was the whole diesel cap and neck part, which I didn’t need. It’s just the simple lift up flap. I’ve searched tirelessly on the web to no avail. I know it’s quite a trivial part but still, one I’m looking for. I can find electric and water point flaps but not diesel. Any ideas please? Kind Regards
Hi Steveib, did you ever find one as I've got the same issue! Ps the eBay link in the thread doesn't work ☹ thanks

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The clips on my filler flap failed, so it was flapping in the wind. I found a replacement, same maker but the new model uses magnets. Issue was that the filler neck slots into the flap base. So I had to disassemble panels inside and free the pipe down to the tank. Took a couple of hours.

Magnetic works well. But it does attract the ferrous stuff in road grim, so there's permanent dirty round marks on the flap from where the magnets are embedded inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back