Free Member
Jan 26, 2022
Hastings, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all, yesterday I realised that the washer pump on my LHD 2000 Hymer B544 was not working and I could not hear the pump running ,the washer bottle being full.

I checked the washer pump fuse in the glove compartment and it was okay.

On closer inspection both the washer pump and the contacts were badly corroded so with some difficulty I took off the old pump and replaced it this morning with a brand new identical one,I also replaced the contacts on the cables and placed them back on correctly and filled the washer bottle but guess what...the washer pump still doesn't work !!

I have looked for other fuse boxes without success

As a matter of urgency can anyone please help me with this problem and get the pump working?

Many thanks.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Try putting a multimeter on the pump contacts to see if you have 12volts there, if not trace back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Could be a faulty connector on the steering column or wiper switch, maybe take column shroud off and spray with contact cleaner

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been mohoā€™ing for a time now
I had the same problem on our Hymer B680 both the washer and indicator stalks. a squirt of contact cleaner, all sorted (y) ;)

OP
OP
J

John McClane

Free Member
Jan 26, 2022
Hastings, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Spriddler and Figaro firstly sorry about the double post my mind was on the pump and a big thanks for replying so quick.

Having read your replies I checked the fuse again with a meter and it was okay, I then did meter reading at the pump and could see there was no voltage.I then undid some of the electrical tape I had used to wrap around the connectors and saw that the 'live' connector had come off the cable ,I obviously had not crimped it hard enough. :swear2:

I fitted a new connector (properly this time), turned on the ignition and.. it worked.šŸ˜

Once again a big thanks to both of you and its nice to know that there are people like you willing to share their knowledge and help newbies like me.

Regards both.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been mohoā€™ing for a time now
A crimp joint is ok if done correctly (no offence) but a solder joint is ALWAYS better šŸ‘šŸ˜‰

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back