B524 Elektroblok EBL101 and DT201 display - help please (1 Viewer)

IainM

Free Member
Feb 7, 2018
Funster No
Hi - please help!

I've searched the forum to see if this Q has been answered before, to no avail.

I have a 2004 Hymer B524 with 2 Exide es900 80ah leisure batteries, Elektroblok EBL101 and DT201 display. No solar power.

Everything has been fine, I've finished work and have been preparing to go on my first trip and now 10 days before I'm due to depart I seem to have an issue with charging the leisure batteries. They have always charged fine, the van is on the drive and I've got the electric hooked up and switch it on for 24hrs every few days.

Yesterday I was testing hot water after fitting Gas It LPG system (all's fine) but I couldn't get the fridge running. So, I was looking at the Elektroblok to see which fuse it is and accidentally turned the battery power off - I knew this because I heard the water running out of the boiler as the safety valve opened to drain it. I immediately switched battery back on.

The problem : I now see the CHARGE! alarm in the DT201 (never seen that before) and alongside that 80 Ah and a question mark ? and as I'm hooked up to mains it shows +0.2A. See attachment.

I thought 0.2A when charging seems quite low - is it? I started up the engine and that seemed to only increase it to +0.4A when idling.

I've gone into the D201 battery menu to set the MAX to 160 AH (2 x 80Ah) but still when I go back to the main battery page I still see CHARGE! and 80 Ah ? but expected it to show 160Ah and no CHARGE! alarm. I'm not convinced that the batteries need charging, the D201 dispaly shows 14.4V for the starter and leisure batteries.

Do I have a problem, is the battery being drained (the batteries aren't old, they look pretty new to me) by something and why won't the D201 display take my changes (I am following the guide that is on the Hymer club website - http://www.hymerclub.co.uk/control panel 201.pdf)

Please help!

I'm about to go out for a few hours so won't be checking back in until later on if any of you good folks has a question or response.

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 93
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Try checking the 20amp fuse in the battery box for the fridge that may have blown when ours did it told me that my batteries were only at 11v after changing fuse all was well.

OP
OP
I

IainM

Free Member
Feb 7, 2018
Funster No
Thanks v much Speve & SandraL, I'll take a look first thing tomorrow morning.

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
I have a different model E. Blok and display panel but get the same Charge message when leisure battery has been disconnected or E. Blok shut down from the control panel.

Leaving on hook up for a few hours the display resets itself, charge! message disappears etc. I think it’s the system recalibrating itself that’s all .

Can’t help with the fridge issue though.
HTH

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Morning,
Had a similar problem a while ago.
Spoke with Udo at Shault & it's a known problem with the rocker switch on the EBL.being corroded.
He suggested it wanted replacing at a cost of about £50 once the unit got to Germany.
I gave the switch a good soaking with switch cleaner & rocked it on & off a lot.
Been ok since. About 3 years now.
Barrie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I

IainM

Free Member
Feb 7, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for the replies so far, although the issue doesn't seem to be totally fixed yet :(

I've changed the 20A fuse in the Elektroblok and the fridge is now getting power. However, the D201 display panel still shows CHARGE! and ? and 80Ah - same as is shown in the attachment on my original post. I guess I'll leave it on hook up for a while and see if it resolves, as per Margaritaman's post above.

I have gone into the battery menu to set the MAX and NOM battery capacity but that doesn't change anything. Actually as you try to leave the battery menu it seems to ask for a four character PIN of some sort, the D201 display shows 4 dashes ...I don't know if I need a PIN to save the changes or whether just OK'ing through this is, errr, OK? Does anyone know anything about that?

AND - I was expecting to see more than +0.2A input when hooked up, that seems low somehow. Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,
Iain

OP
OP
I

IainM

Free Member
Feb 7, 2018
Funster No
Thanks SandraL, there's no solar but what you have written makes sense.

I'm always a bit panicked by electrical gremlins, and as this is my first trip away and it'll be for 3 months I really don't want to set off with any worries.

I've got the fridge running off the LPG now, so I think the only thing left to resolve is the display. However, the second battery screen is showing plenty of voltage in the leisure and starter batteries, so I guess if I can't get the CHARGE! and ? to vanish I'll just monitor from the second battery screen and wing it ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back