Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks, volts will have to do.
As long as I see the volts going in, and continue to go in after alternator shuts down, that'll do for me 👍

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
you need a shunt to see the current afaik, mine is the same as yours and voltage only shows
That's true for the total current in/out of the battery. The B2B has an inbuilt multistage charger that measures voltage and amps as part of its normal operation. It's disappointing that at least the amps through the B2B is not available on-screen.

May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
Probably irrelevant but with the Victron 12 12 30 the charge current is quoted at a nominal voltage of 12.2V so unless I’ve got it wrong but it appears to correspond with what I’m seeing via the shunt , that if your charging at say 14.4 V the max current is around 25A

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
TheCaller autorouter

Just for the avoidence of any doubt, the connections can be made to the terminals on the bottom of the ELB 99 ?
With suitable breaker fuses of course.
Thanks

1639002882152.png
Ref using connections 2 & 3 , I have a couple of questions ...

a) Any issues with sending what I presume would be a higher current into the EBL? think of upto 40A possible with the B2B
b) By fitting the B2B here you are sending essentially a variable voltage (generated by the multi-stage B2B charger) into the EBL. Does the EBL modify that voltage in any way with its internal split-charge system?
c) How about any trickle charge into the starter battery when the EBL is plugged into EHU? presumably the trickle would go out via connection 3 which is now the B2B Output and so would not pass anything backwards to the Starter Battery. Does this mean the trickle charge from EHU feature is now defunct?

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Ref using connections 2 & 3 , I have a couple of questions ...

a) Any issues with sending what I presume would be a higher current into the EBL? think of upto 40A possible with the B2B
b) By fitting the B2B here you are sending essentially a variable voltage (generated by the multi-stage B2B charger) into the EBL. Does the EBL modify that voltage in any way with its internal split-charge system?
c) How about any trickle charge into the starter battery when the EBL is plugged into EHU? presumably the trickle would go out via connection 3 which is now the B2B Output and so would not pass anything backwards to the Starter Battery. Does this mean the trickle charge from EHU feature is now defunct?
a) EBL 101 is fine for 40A. I expect that the EBL 99 is to but email Udo Lang at Schaudt if in doubt. He replies very promptly.
b) it goes straight through the EBL, not affected buy the split charge relay
c) the trickle charge to the starter battery from the EBL is through the 20A fridge supply so us not affected

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back