Sorzar

Free Member
Jun 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 746
Exp
Howdy all!

YouTube and the Internet have failed me! Our control panel B1 is reading 0v and flashing constantly. Does anyone know of a system reset of fix for this?

The problem then when we started driving was the fridge didn't think it had 12v power going to it and also started flashing and beeping. After testing the fridge with my room temp bottle of prosecco, I can happily confirm it was getting colder by the half hour šŸ˜‰ā˜ŗ, so is definitely working. (We also had a new vehicle battery a couple of weeks ago, so know its fine)

Any advice/help/suggestions always welcomed and appreciated! Alternatively I'll just drink the prosecco and forget about the flashing faults.

Cheers

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There are two 12V supplies to the fridge. A low-power supply to the fridge control board from the leisure battery, which is needed for the fridge to work from any power source. This is probably OK because you say the fridge is working.

There is also a high-power supply for the 12V fridge heater element, which is usually only on when the engine is running. It comes directly from the alternator/starter battery, and there is usually a 20A fuse just near the starter battery. If the fuse has blown then the fridge will complain. This wire is also often used by the system to measure the voltage of the starter battery, which might explain the 0v reading on the control panel.

OP
OP
Sorzar

Sorzar

Free Member
Jun 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 746
Exp
There are two 12V supplies to the fridge. A low-power supply to the fridge control board from the leisure battery, which is needed for the fridge to work from any power source. This is probably OK because you say the fridge is working.

There is also a high-power supply for the 12V fridge heater element, which is usually only on when the engine is running. It comes directly from the alternator/starter battery, and there is usually a 20A fuse just near the starter battery. If the fuse has blown then the fridge will complain. This wire is also often used by the system to measure the voltage of the starter battery, which might explain the 0v reading on the control panel.
We are trying this right now - fingers crossed šŸ¤ž, sounds like this could 100% be a solution. Let's hope so - thanks lots for the suggestion šŸ˜Š

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back