sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The hover bar is great but you do need something strong to attach it to - you can buy them at The Apple Store but probably cheaper elsewhere.

On iOS it is still not possible to import POI - I use Poi viewer on my iPad and also have many thousands of poi files uploaded - it is okay as an alternative solution.
Thats a bummer, it is a knack importing into Android but once you have it sussed its easy. I found this comment:-
And malaki mentions getting POIs into the v9 iOS version on his iPad here:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/4832-copilot-live-cross-platform#post43242 (June 29, 2012)
"...I was also able to add my own POIs to the iPad version. It'll accept .csv files (with header), but it's a pain to get them into the iPad. I had to use a 3rd party app to transfer the file, then iTunes to actually put it in the correct location. Once I figured it out, it takes about 30 seconds to move the files and have it available to CoPilot..."

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thats a bummer, it is a knack importing into Android but once you have it sussed its easy. I found this comment:-
And malaki mentions getting POIs into the v9 iOS version on his iPad here:
http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/4832-copilot-live-cross-platform#post43242 (June 29, 2012)
"...I was also able to add my own POIs to the iPad version. It'll accept .csv files (with header), but it's a pain to get them into the iPad. I had to use a 3rd party app to transfer the file, then iTunes to actually put it in the correct location. Once I figured it out, it takes about 30 seconds to move the files and have it available to CoPilot..."
I have tried that but never really succeeded - found POI viewer easier

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
One thing I found with co pilot(premium) is it doesn't show the speed you are actually going which was helpful on the snooper as the transit is not good trying to peer at the speedometer when driving, it's quite dark even when it's bright sunshine.
I've searched a way to do it but can't find it, anyone know how?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One thing I found with co pilot(premium) is it doesn't show the speed you are actually going which was helpful on the snooper as the transit is not good trying to peer at the speedometer when driving, it's quite dark even when it's bright sunshine.
Ours is just the paid for version whatever it's called and you can toggle one of the display boxes between speed altitude and a few others.

You need a route in and press go, then select one of the bottom corner boxes and select the option to display.

Martin

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Mine is the paid for as well. Where can I find that display box please?
Just found it. Thanks!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
On the map navigation screen you will see two items - you probably have ETA and Distance by default. Press on either of these and it pops up a window giving you a choice of what to display which includes Speed - I use this a lot, particularly in road works

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry

I seem to be repeating myself.

Deleted.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

Put your settings in and set the route just from the motorway to make it easier.

The first image is motorway to the campsite.

The second image is campsite to the motorway, but the even stupider thing is if I move the start down the motorway a bit it works OK, so I think just a stupid glitch.

image.png

image.png

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This one is the start point closer to the destination but still it has the choice of both roads but does the right one.

image.png

So I refer to the title of the thread B----y Co-Pilot.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That seems crazy Martin, very frustrating for you. You are set with RV, and it is not the same version as mine, ie Truck, but that should not explain the anomalies of each route you have shown. I know you are travelling at the moment but I would be tempted to re-install CoPilot when you get home and confirm you have the latest version of maps too. Hope you enjoyed Granada, classy city.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That seems crazy Martin, very frustrating for you. You are set with RV, and it is not the same version as mine, ie Truck, but that should not explain the anomalies of each route you have shown. I know you are travelling at the moment but I would be tempted to re-install CoPilot when you get home and confirm you have the latest version of maps too. Hope you enjoyed Granada, classy city.
Hi Michael

Yes to everything you said.

And yes enjoying Granada so far, Alhambra today so do the rest tomorrow, I think there was some fresh snow on the tops last night so it looked great, spoke to a guy in a bar and he said it was very cold for the time of year, but it was about 16 degrees but with a cool wind if the sun popped behind the clouds.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well, Martin, I read this and thought you were talking about your lovely wife :) ... I came on to admonish you ... lol.

Sorry you have had problems. Joy
Hi Joy

Wouldn't dare, but that might be why we don't read the instructions then she can't be blamed, ha that's what she thinks.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In Portugal recently I wanted to get somewhere but my Snooper refused to plot a route saying there was no suitable route for a vehicle my size and weight, wading through the setup I tried reducing our length and weight little by little and trying again but still it wouldn't compute a route. Sod it, in anger I fooled it and told the Sat Nav we were a motorcycle! Bloody SatNav, I think I knew the way there anyway.

I'll never forget the horrified look on that woman's face! She'd been having her hair done; she had all those silver paper bits in her hair and while waiting for the dye/bleach/whatever to work, she'd stepped out of the hairdressers and onto the tiny 9inch pavement for a fag. She heard us coming and turned toward the noise of our 6l diesel reverberating like an armoured tank and completely filling the impossibly narrow cobbled street. She tried to shout, but it was too late; my wing-mirror had already connected with the cigarette in her mouth. :oops:
Jim I read that out to Jen this morning while she was putting on her makeup and now she looks like Alice Cooper.

Martin

Reactions: Jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have maps.me but don't use it much, if I had put the route into TomTom it would have taken us 100%, it just seems that Co-Pilot has a block on certain roads and will use muddy track instead.

Martin

We have a TT, pretty much up to date, linked it just before we left but the number of cock-ups it's made and allegedly the fields we've crossed here in Spain is not good. "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS" has been heard many times.

I've not used copilot for a while since I bought a TT cheap of neighbour who bought two, one he thought was faulty and so bought another because he was just leaving, when he got back he realised it's was his error so sold me the "faulty" one. I must say it is very nice to use, very user friendly.

Will have copilot in use on the bike soon.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a TT, pretty much up to date, linked it just before we left but the number of cock-ups it's made and allegedly the fields we've crossed here in Spain is not good. "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS" has been heard many times.

I've not used copilot for a while since I bought a TT cheap of neighbour who bought two, one he thought was faulty and so bought another because he was just leaving, when he got back he realised it's was his error so sold me the "faulty" one. I must say it is very nice to use, very user friendly.

Will have copilot in use on the bike soon.
Faulty? Wouldn't do any destination but Bruges I suppose :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back