Ayrshire in the news (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Not sue if this is new news, but it may be of interest to some.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
I think this'll do Girvan quite a bit of good. The extra cash will help the town. Don't know the Ayr site but both towns have good beaches. Let's see how it goes and hopefully they will add extra facilities such as chemical disposal points etc, if it proves successful. Well done Ayrshire.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I believe it's a bit limiting in the fact you can only use it after 6pm and must leave before 9am. and no return within 24 hours so no time to park up and use the beach or spend any money anywhere else during the day. I think they will end up with a lot of motorhomes parked up all over town during the day which it's perfectly legal to do. I quite glad they are trying something though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lumpy
Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
It's not clear if the bays can be used during the day and then by paying the overnight fee ( I assume there is also a day rate) you can stay until 9 the next morning. If this is not the case then those 20 bays would just sit empty all day as they are reserved purely for camper van use.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
It's not clear if the bays can be used during the day and then by paying the overnight fee ( I assume there is also a day rate) you can stay until 9 the next morning. If this is not the case then those 20 bays would just sit empty all day as they are reserved purely for camper van use.
Yes it's a bit unclear but if you were allowed to stay during the day i.e. arrive morning and leave next morn before 9am then I think it would say you can stay for a 24hr period. I guess we'll need to wait and see how it works. We stayed last year for one night. Apart from The fish and chips I didn't really see the attraction.

Attachments

• girvan.JPG
    girvan.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 35
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Yes it's a bit unclear but if you were allowed to stay during the day i.e. arrive morning and leave next morn before 9am then I think it would say you can stay for a 24hr period. I guess we'll need to wait and see how it works. We stayed last year for one night. Apart from The fish and chips I didn't really see the attraction.
Girvan was one of my favourit places as a child, would be happy yo go bak if i had somewhere to stay, within the last year stayed at the Maidens and had a lovely time. so glad we all like different things.
Miss th boating lake though.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Girvan was one of my favourit places as a child, would be happy yo go bak if i had somewhere to stay, within the last year stayed at the Maidens and had a lovely time. so glad we all like different things.
Miss th boating lake though.
I was brought up in sunny, but on occasion largely "wat" Stranraer. The local parlance was, if you could see Ailsa Craig it was going to rain and if you couldn't, it was raining. Sound familiar? Great that Girvan are giving it a bit of thought now.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Would a local be able to photo any signage and add to the Local Guide? I don't know where either are but it sounds like a step in the right direction.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Not 100%set in stone for the Ayr site some objections on it, but if you are coming to Ayr park on the slip road to the pier next to beach,good spot and there's a fully stocked wee local shop at the flats next to it, no water or chemical disposal nearby though .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back