Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Ray, it certainly stood up to a lot of wind in Spain over the winter, and it has been up and down more than I can remember! It is very resilient and the only minor complaint is that the top has lost its blue colour in the sun. The newer model has a gutter which you can fasten over the screens which is a good modification. All in all the best we have bought so far.

Ginny
Due to the discolouration due to the effect of the weather, UV etc it would probably be a good idea for those buying one to get some UV protection liquid and put it on before it is used in anger so that it will keep looking good for longer and also in the long run help to keep the material in good condition.

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
D&G, maybe you should relook at the drive away awnings. These can be fitted away or right up to the moho. Also because they don't rely on the position of the fitted awning they can be positioned anywhere which means you can accommodate the door. Lastly most makes of these awning provide annexes which further increases space available.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We have vango idris 2x heights available
very good and a quest popup fab for quickness.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi @Teasy2007 thanks for your reply, yours and those from a couple of other funsters has enabled me to come to a decision that the 'easy up' is what I want. Now have to find a supplier in the Hampshire.
Thanks again.
Ray

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
I just took delivery of a B544 with a 4m Fiamma F45 Ti fitted.

It came with a "Star Camp" Awning room (Safari Room?) that I don't want. It looks brand new (Blue/Grey fabric) as do the poles, still shiny.

I was about to put it on classifieds. I expect they need to be an exact fit for a 3.5m awning you have unfortunately. Anyway, if they fit a range of sizes, make me an offer.

I'll have some other stuff for Classifieds shortly, including a chassis-mount towbar for same vehicle.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I just took delivery of a B544 with a 4m Fiamma F45 Ti fitted.

It came with a "Star Camp" Awning room (Safari Room?) that I don't want. It looks brand new (Blue/Grey fabric) as do the poles, still shiny.

I was about to put it on classifieds. I expect they need to be an exact fit for a 3.5m awning you have unfortunately. Anyway, if they fit a range of sizes, make me an offer.

I'll have some other stuff for Classifieds shortly, including a chassis-mount towbar for same vehicle.

I'm all sorted now thanks with regards to awning but thanks for the mention anyways...good luck with your b544...currently keeping my eye out for another newer model as we get on so well with the layout! Good luck with yours (y).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back