Ray

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If framed ones look fro the nearst Winfields, they always have a good display and often some ex display bargains.

OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie

Best in the business, we use them ourselves, and have recommended them for over ten years and yet to hear a complaint against them
Many thanks I’ll have a look
What type of awning are you looking for. Wind out, framed ones or drive away?
Thanks for reply him looking for framed/air type one for when we have additional guests so we can put up an inflatable bed and have some additional day space We dont drive the van once it’s on site so does not need robe a driveway

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
Hi how did you get on with your search for an awning? We just bought an Outdoor Revolution Cayman drive away awning but haven’t tried it yet. Reviews seem good and it’s apparently very easy to put up. They do different sizes too, will let you know how it goes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

Best in the business, we use them ourselves, and have recommended them for over ten years and yet to hear a complaint against them

I strongly second that.
A few years ago, the “official” local fitter for Omnistor let me down badly and when I complained to their head office in Belgium they gave me the contact details for Brent, the proprietor.
Within a day he was with me and fixed the awning and then refused payment for the fix.
18 months ago, he was the only choice for the fitment of the awning on my recently purchased PVC.

OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks for asking visited Winfields and Glossop awnings not a great amount of choice on show TBH

just purchased a vango montelena air 300 not arrived yet reviews are positive and costs seem ok spoke to a number of caravan users who spoke positively of the caravan version Be interested to hear how you get on with the outdoor revolution

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have a Vango air awning. I can honestly say it’s been a game changer. We can now set it up/take down in around 15-20 mins . The only pain is taking it down when wet as you need to unpack it again to dry it out but that’s the same with any awning 👍🏻

OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
That’s good to hear I’ve been trying to get the annex but no stock in the country! Ive got the awning to go to Ireland in August luckily I won’t have the problem of taking it down in the wet as it’ll be wall to wall sunshine im sure🙂

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Our Kampa Air Pro 390 XXL is maybe the best addition we’ve purchased up to now. The extra room it’s given us is well worth the cost.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one

Al

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
Does anybody have an awning and dog(s)?
Our outdoor revolution looks great we are going to try it out on the driveway when the wind is low. The thing is, how can I stop my dogs from going under the van / out through the awning cowl? I’ve seen some side skirt things which look ok but not sure what’s best for our van it’s on a Ducato but only 5.9m. I did a search for ideas but couldn’t find anything on here

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
just get an awning skirt and attach it with limpets

Or take 30 breeze blocks, 6 bags of sand, 2 cement in a 3:1 mix, you may need a petrol mixer unless your on hookup.😉

Then simply build a wall in front of your moho inside the awning.

I prefer the first option tbh as it’s easier 👍👍

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
just get an awning skirt and attach it with limpets

Or take 30 breeze blocks, 6 bags of sand, 2 cement in a 3:1 mix, you may need a petrol mixer unless your on hookup.😉

Then simply build a wall in front of your moho inside the awning.

I prefer the first option tbh as it’s easier 👍👍
😂 thanks for that, I’ve seen a few different types so will try and find the best option with peg down points 👍🏼

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
😂 thanks for that, I’ve seen a few different types so will try and find the best option with peg down points 👍🏼
it’s very very easy tbh

get a skirt slightly longer than the awning, they usually come with holes for limpets and pegs and fix it the best you can.

I’d photo mine for you but we’ve packed up this aft ready for moving on tomorrow.

This said, a determined dog will, dig, bite, rip, tear, bulldoze it’s way through if it wants to 😉👍

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anne’s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
it’s very very easy tbh

get a skirt slightly longer than the awning, they usually come with holes for limpets and pegs and fix it the best you can.

I’d photo mine for you but we’ve packed up this aft ready for moving on tomorrow.

This said, a determined dog will, dig, bite, rip, tear, bulldoze it’s way through if it wants to 😉👍
Thanks and no worries about the photos I’m jealous, we’re not going anywhere for a few weeks yet!

You’re right about the determined dog, we’ve got 3! We just want something to try and keep them distracted from escape the best we can. We use a ground stake and leads too but I guess the skirts are made for being good draught stoppers as well 👍🏼

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back