Free Member
Jul 28, 2009
Solihull West Midland
Funster No
MH
demountable
Exp
since May 2009
Hi I am looking for an awning for my Apollo demountable as there is no rail i thought of having a Fiamma or Omnistor with privacy room. Also part of the awning back would have a space of approx 4 feet could I put a wind break at the back. As i am new to this maybe some one out there as overcome this Thanks :Doh:

One day my boat will come in...
Knowing my luck ... I'll be at the airport when it does

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
first thing to check is, are the walls suitable for a windout awning?

i dont know the structural build of demountables but caravan walls arent, generally, strong enough for the windouts.

if its built to motorhome standards , plywood /foam/GRP or Aluminium skin on a wooden frame, you shouldnt have a problem:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You can fit a rail to the rear or side, Towsure sell it, its self adeasive but put screws in as well. We put one on the side of our 5ver for a large porch awning, and a friend has one on the rear of his demountable. he uses one of thoses dome type freestanding awnings and attaches to the rail he put on. He also has a fiama type on the side for if he just wants some shade.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi I am looking for an awning for my Apollo demountable as there is no rail i thought of having a Fiamma or Omnistor with privacy room. Also part of the awning back would have a space of approx 4 feet could I put a wind break at the back. As i am new to this maybe some one out there as overcome this Thanks :Doh:

One day my boat will come in...
Knowing my luck ... I'll be at the airport when it does

Hi,

I would suggest you give Glenn Harris a ring and have a chat to him about what you wish to do.

He knows all Fiamma products and fitting backwards.

Peter

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Do not know much about demountables but understand they are used a lot in Aussie with 4x4 inc Land Rovers - In the Land Rover world there are 2 distributors in the UK of a product called Oz tents which are an awning come storage tent that they say takes 30 second to erect. Look at www.boab.biz and hit the Oz tents link on the left hand side or look at www.neneoverland.co.uk and look at the link there for Oz tents. Have met one or two that have them and swear by them because they can take all the loose bits out of the cab and demountable or motorhome and have them under cover in seconds .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back