Awnings 'affect insurance premiums' (1 Viewer)

News

NewsHound
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Reported in Go Travel 23 October 2007

Caravan awnings add value and can therefore affect the cost of insurance premiums, it has been reported.

According to Graham Baynes, a spokesperson for the Caravan Club, adding items like awnings to caravans can increase their value by hundreds or even thousands of pounds.

In turn, Mr Baynes noted, this can affect the insurance premium.

"An awning can sometimes cost several hundred pounds, sometimes up to a thousand pounds. In terms of adding things on they can add hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds onto the value and this can affect the premium," he commented.

This summer, Halifax reported that more than 300,000 Brits would be travelling the road with a campervan or caravan.

Halifax added that car insurance providers would not insure for the same "breadth of risks" covered by the majority of travel policies.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
"Halifax reported that more than 300,000 Brits would be travelling the road with a campervan or caravan"

That is a lot of campers!! Are there any figures anywhere that give us an idea of how many of those 300,000 are motorhomes?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What makes me laugh about caravan awnings (and I was a tugger:winky:) is that people think they are secure:RollEyes:

You leave god know what in them £££££ and expect them to be safe:roflmto:I ahve even seen awning locks:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back