Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Hi, I have a Vango awning that is capable of reaching an awning rail up to 2.65m high. My awning rail is 2.78m high. Any idea how I might bridge that gap?
I was thinking perhaps a drive-away awning kit (although not sure they are a total of 130mm wide).
Or perhaps a kador strip and some canvas sewn to another kador strip.
I have put the awning up for sale and intended to buy another awning but no luck with the sale. Therefore just wondered if there was an easy solution to make the current one fit.

Cheers

Gerry

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
image.jpg

Have another awning strip fitted👍

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Can you get a strip of double awning bead material. ie a piece of canvas with an awning strip and an awning bead sewed in

Or take the wheels off the van or

Wind the fixed awning out a bit?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Can you get a strip of double awning bead material. ie a piece of canvas with an awning strip and an awning bead sewed in I think that is roughly what I think I need

Or take the wheels off the van or That would take nearly as long as putting the awning up! :)

Wind the fixed awning out a bit? I do that to initially fix it, wouldn't want to leave it out though, think it would damage it in high winds.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Wind the fixed awning out a bit? I do that to initially fix it, wouldn't want to leave it out though, think it would damage it in high winds

I can't that this would be a problem. It would only need winding out a few cms and it would be secured by the awning itself (the drive away awning would prevent wind getting under the wind out awning). You could always have a tie down at each end anyway. I reckon if the wind was that strong it would take out the drive away awning anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I would get in touch with a local caravan/ motorhome/ tent repair and alterations company and see if they could make a fillet for you , I have used one before and they made a great job . 🥸

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Can you get a strip of double awning bead material. ie a piece of canvas with an awning strip and an awning bead sewed in

Or take the wheels off the van or

Wind the fixed awning out a bit?
The reason we put the strip up is because these vango all weather awnings are heavy and it was putting strain on the wind out.
Ours was glued on both times so no water problems and great holding👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back