138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We have a Fiamma F65 Awning and on our recent trip to Spain we had to use towels pegged along the awning to cut out the sun. It certainly does not look good. Fiamma and Omnister both sell a sun / rain blocker at a similar price surprise surprise. It's not hi-tech and I just wanted something simple that would slide along the channel on the front.

I searched the Internet and it seemed that only the two were available and nothing else .. Then I found this site https://www.obelink.co.uk/all-weather-front.html?sqr=A314440& and they sell their own brand at half the cost of the leading brands. Considering it's going to spend a number of months tucked up in it's bag it was worth the search.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Price of the blocker might not be bad but postage is £13.39, which seems somewhat expensive.

It may not look so neat, but I made my own shade by using garden shade netting (from a local garden centre or Amazon). You can get in from about 50% shade to 90%, so choose what suits. I attached it to the awning using the hooks that run in the awning channel (from @jezport Parrotsol) or by using the orange suckers if I wanted in away from the awning. You can then attach paracord and string it to a convenient tree (assuming said convenient tree is there) which gives better shade than something pegged to the ground. Ideal for shading the fridge.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It's coming from the Netherlands so not to bad. Even with the postage its half price (y) Save me having to make something before we go end of this month.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
lillypad windblockers do the same cheaper

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have the Lillypad front and side blockers, which work quite well but we also have a Fiamma front blocker which is much heavier duty. The Fiamma one also acts as an awning tie down due to it's robustness and four substantial guylines. When its really hot we use both as neither is a total sun block, and we have two channels in our wind out awning. The lillypad ones are really light and the whole set goes in a carrier bag.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Agree with the previous post for the Lillypad windblockers. We used them in France this year and they worked well. They pack down into a carrier sized bag which is very light weight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have a Fiamma F65 Awning and on our recent trip to Spain we had to use towels pegged along the awning to cut out the sun. It certainly does not look good. Fiamma and Omnister both sell a sun / rain blocker at a similar price surprise surprise. It's not hi-tech and I just wanted something simple that would slide along the channel on the front.

I searched the Internet and it seemed that only the two were available and nothing else .. Then I found this site https://www.obelink.co.uk/all-weather-front.html?sqr=A314440& and they sell their own brand at half the cost of the leading brands. Considering it's going to spend a number of months tucked up in it's bag it was worth the search.

But its only half height, our panels go to the ground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back