LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Of coarse. I mean, would you like to be tied down in a field without your high heals and sussies??

Better still Graham, dont answer that..........:cry:
Nothing worse than winding in the awning at 4 in the morning in your pyjamas in the rain. Well so I am told.
PYJAMAS??.....:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: My God, some strange habits coming out on here.......
Of course. How else would Brian keep his high heels and sussies dry? :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The one you bought that leaks?? :clap2::clap2:

Well, it was certain to leak after being abused by both yourself and Graham

I thought that was the other blow up item he bought :whistle:

No wonder @DuxDeluxe has a bad back :Eeek: (Hope you're feeling better David) :)

Feeling much better but very wobbly on my feet.

Of coarse. I mean, would you like to be tied down in a field without your high heals and sussies??

Better still Graham, dont answer that..........:cry:

He doesn't need to - you just know he does.....he has something of the look of the night about him ;)

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
To be clear it wasn't our Omnistor wind out ( thank God) , it was a Kampa rally thing.

I showed @NickNic 's set up to the wife and daughter and the response was we did have all those bits, but we did it a different way....

The way that you lose your awning ...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But will the wind propel said dingy when said dingy is securely lashed to the pier....No it won't.

Yes but in all seriousness the wind would shred the sails.

One day, lovely day so put out the thin Windbreakers as well. Saw a bit of darkness in the distance and within seconds all hell broke loose. By the time I got out of the door the Windbreakers were ripped out of the ground ( which saved them ) and the awing was about to follow them. Two of us hung on to the awing rails for 15 mins until the wind stopped as fast as it started. We were soaked to the skin but the awning survived.

This was tied down and sheltered.....
static.jpg

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/fiamma-tie-down-kit-s-yellow.html

composed of:
• 2x adjustable bands (300 cm), in yellow
• 2x stakes and 2 tension springs
• 2x frontal hooks for the lead bar

and Funsters Discount !

But if its windy, wind the awning in as its a large surface like a sail and the wind is powerfull

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yep I do the same but put the pegs in the OTHE WAY ROUND [hook facing away] so if the strap slackens they don't fall off the peg (y)

Not sure which is the correct way:)

That's a picture from the Fiamma site, not one of mine, I think i's the correct way though.

If you put it all together and tension it properly the strap won't slacken

If you put the pegs in the other way so they're basically running in line with the direction of the strap then they will pull out pretty easily. Wind lifting the awning will do it every time. With it the other way, effectively the peg at 90° to the direction of the strap, it can't pull out. (y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
@Carol was using some in Chester the last time we were there, only flimsy looking things but certainly were doing the job

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Not sure whats happening, got three posts come up now lost the one with something on it

Nick
I also put the pegs at 90 deg to strap but face the hooks away, seems to work for me
never questioned it before:) springs keep the tension, agree(y)

N

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you put the pegs in the other way so they're basically running in line with the direction of the strap then they will pull out pretty easily. Wind lifting the awning will do it every time. With it the other way, effectively the peg at 90° to the direction of the strap, it can't pull out. (y)
They were refering to turning the peg 180° on its axis so the hook is furthest from the awning leg.....but because of the way the peg is formed that would allow the peg to bend far easier than in the photo.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They were refering to turning the peg 180° on its axis so the hook is furthest from the awning leg.....but because of the way the peg is formed that would allow the peg to bend far easier than in the photo.

Apparently so. (y)

I have seen people put it straight in following the line of the strap though.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Got hit by a freak gust at Carcassonne a couple of years back. The legs were firmly pegged down and snapped (not as strong as they look), the tie down pegs (big ones) were pulled out of the ground and the awning blew over the roof. The awning was a complete wreck but luckily the MH was not damaged. Johns Cross replaced the awning for a four figure price.
I have learned my lesson. If in doubt, wind it in.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
When we were at Shell Island the other week got talking to a guy with a all singing /dancing tent and the very best of accessories, we remarked on his tent pegs they were flat and strange looking then he said they were £23 for 10, and in a storm a few weeks before when others had come down his had not budged, I'll have a look on internet and see can I find the name .
They sound like Delta ground anchors. We have some and they are amazing but we just use peggy pegs for most stuff now and the big stainless pegs and spring for the storm strap for the fiamna

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
They sound like Delta ground anchors. We have some and they are amazing but we just use peggy pegs for most stuff now and the big stainless pegs and spring for the storm strap for the fiamna

Thank you yes that's them I've been looking all over to find them @Chris these are what I was talking about.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I am looking for the triangular clips that slide into the awning edge track.
They are about 4 x 4 x 4 inches and slide into the track.
Anyone know the part No ???
Thanks
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back