Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Hi
We have a 2007 Bessacarr E560, with an awning, and was wondering if we could fit a awning skirt ? But " when looking we just cannot seem to be able to find one for a Bessacarr Awning , can anyone please point us in the right direction ,

Regards
Ivie & Patricia

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We have a Bessie, do you mean along the underside of the van, I screwed awning rail strip underneath and use caravan skirt bought from caravan shop to slid in when we have the awning up in Spain etc. Pete

Ps a pal had one surface mounted with velcro but it looked a mess.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi
We have a Bessie, do you mean along the underside of the van, I screwed awning rail strip underneath and use caravan skirt bought from caravan shop to slid in when we have the awning up in Spain etc. Pete

Could you possibly upload a photos as i'm interested in this too. Thx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Hi

Hi
I mean a skirt that connects to our roof awning like that on the Fiamma,

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi It came on this time. Pete (y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• P1000536.JPG
    P1000536.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Hi This is what I did but I dont know if it,s what Greyfox wants ? Pete

Ps let me know if pic is not on.

PPs I cant see it :oops:
Hi
What I mean is for two sides and a front that connect to my awning that's factory fitted, this would then give us an extra room , hope this clarifies folks

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
What I mean is for two sides and a front that connect to my awning that's factory fitted, this would then give us an extra room , hope this clarifies folks

Yes now we know it,s a safri room (y)(y)(y)

Ps you will still need a skirt under the van to seal it. Pete
PPs
Just looking at your original post the awning you have is not a bessie it,s either Fiamma or Omnistor check before you buy the front groove,s are differt guage ie 4mlFfiamma and 6ml Omnistor

Last edited:
Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi This is what I did but I dont know if it,s what Greyfox wants ? Pete

Ps let me know if pic is not on.

PPs I cant see it :oops:
Did you manage to get the rail around the wheel hub or do you just have a draught?

Upvote 0

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi
We have a 2007 Bessacarr E560, with an awning, and was wondering if we could fit a awning skirt ? But " when looking we just cannot seem to be able to find one for a Bessacarr Awning , can anyone please point us in the right direction ,

Regards
Ivie & Patricia
Do you mean the sides and front so it Makes an extra room?, whayt is the length of the awning? and what make is it?
I have a thurle privcy room for a 4.5 metre Autotrail Comance for sale on ebay at the moment
if your interested

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Did you manage to get the rail around the wheel hub or do you just have a draught?

I fixed the rail upto the arch on both sides so the skirt crosses the wheel it leaves a small gap at the top, To cover this I use a seperate piece which I stick to the side of the van with a couple of suckers then tuck the bottom end behind the skirt making a covered wheel arch, I hope I have explained it clearly. Pete

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Yes now we know it,s a safri room (y)(y)(y)

Ps you will still need a skirt under the van to seal it. Pete
PPs
Just looking at your original post the awning you have is not a bessie it,s either Fiamma or Omnistor check before you buy the front groove,s are differt guage ie 4mlFfiamma and 6ml Omnistor

Thanks for that" now it makes sense, as when I called a company earlier in the week ' they said that Bessacarr put their logo on the awning and that I would need to find out the maker, so now need to do more investigations" Boy " they know how to make things difficult" ? ? Or is it just me ,

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie

These look amazing" just what you need up here in Bonnie Scotland to allow sitting out' looking to the distant horizon, with a wee dram, or two ;") without the dreaded midges, but Patricia is wanting the room with windows to the three sides and door that can all close over at night for privacy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Do you mean the sides and front so it Makes an extra room?, whayt is the length of the awning? and what make is it?
I have a thurle privcy room for a 4.5 metre Autotrail Comance for sale on ebay at the moment
if your interested

Thanks for that, don't want to risk buying blind and finding it does not fit but just contacted a company advertising on eBay who have the one I need , thank you , for the heads up

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Free Member
Jun 24, 2014
East Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560 F/B
Exp
A complete Newbie
Thank you each and every one of you, for all advice, I now await a Safari Room along with the skirt, and wheel arch cover ,

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back