LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I am after a Blow up awning like the kampa rally pro or similar or even a safari room.

However I am struggling to find one tall enough?

do you have one on your van and if so where from what size etc? I need it to be about 3m high..

tia

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hello Paul, unless your wind out awning is one of those mounted right on the corner of the roof the actual height to the fixing rail could be quite a bit lower than your roof height

we ended up down the safari room option, but if you do get either style of awning buy yourselves a decent step up, 2.9 - 3.0m is one hell of a big stretch from the ground (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have a Hymer Exsis and have a Kampa rally pro XL it's a great awning however we found it hard to use the wind out awning rail as it bends the awning and is hard to wind back up.
So I fitted an awning rail to the underside of the wind out casing and that works a treat. The only downside we have found I'd that it's a little too low and we have to raise the van on the EPs a little more to compensate as you need to get the blow out legs at the right distance from the van to enable the ends to seal against the van at the bottom,if you don't do that the outside legs bow slightly inwards when you pull the sides to the van sides to square the triangle.(if you understand what I mean)
Height to top of van 2.7m but to rail is approx 2.3m

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back