NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Hi I have a 5 metre Awning and have seen people mention the Safari Room ie sides and a front,I would be interested to see how these would fix to the top particularily on the sides any photos would be appreciated,Thanks Nic

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
First thing, book an appointment with a psychiatrist - cos you'll need one after trying to fix these things up!!:cry:

It took us ages to get our Fiamma 4.5L to fit. Sawing bits off etc. And the Fiamma video is worse than useless. No wonder you see so many for sale!:Cool:

I reckon every safari room set up is different and it will take a lot of experimenting to make it work.

Good luck:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi I have a 5 metre Awning and have seen people mention the Safari Room ie sides and a front,I would be interested to see how these would fix to the top particularily on the sides any photos would be appreciated,Thanks Nic

Five metre one is here: Fiamma Privacy Room 500 Large

Suggest you ring my lot and they can tell you everthing you need to know, ask for Glenn, Ian or Darren.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Have watched people erect these fitting seems to be a nightmare, long ago decided against. As we now don't tend to stay on sites more than 2 days all that work for that time seems worthless. Its a pity as would quite have liked one.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have one. It came with the MH , its a fiamma zip store . Its like new. Complete with snazzy curtains.
We were going to sell it as lots of MH users said we would never use it.
So we thought we'd have a look at it. We put it up for the 1st time in the last holiday a couple of weeks ago.
It was easy . My husband and son did it together, without instructions. There were non in the holdall it came in:Doh:
All you do is put a pole in the top of the side panels , then zip them to the wind out awning bit. The fact it zips on makes it a doddle.
If you were to be at one place for a few days , its great , for the extra space. We have decided to keep it. I'm sure it will come in handy when we go to the Isle of White for a week in June. We shall be leaving the MH and using the bikes all week.
Saying that , we are also going to invest in the light weight net sides , we saw some funsters with , at the Misterton meet. These pack away to nothing and are very light weight. You could keep them in the MH all the time. Though they offer no privacy , they cut out the wind ( for the cadac ) and give a bit of shade too.
Bev

OP
OP
N

NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
omnistor

Five metre one is here: Fiamma Privacy Room 500 Large

Suggest you ring my lot and they can tell you everthing you need to know, ask for Glenn, Ian or Darren.

Peter
Hi I'm not sure of the make of awning I have fitted but it has the large 4" sprung roller with a pull out strap in the centre and veritical extending bars fitted to the camper side at each end,the awning cover fits to the camper in a channel.my qustion is would a siutable size OMNISTOR sides and front fit to this awning any help appreciated Nic

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi I'm not sure of the make of awning I have fitted but it has the large 4" sprung roller with a pull out strap in the centre and veritical extending bars fitted to the camper side at each end,the awning cover fits to the camper in a channel.my qustion is would a siutable size OMNISTOR sides and front fit to this awning any help appreciated Nic

If it is a Fiamma or Omnistore it will have the makers name on the front bar.

Peter

geoffp

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
skegness
Funster No
MH
hitop
Exp
two years
safari room

HI, these safari rooms are quite easy to put up for anyone with a reasonable amount of inteligence. i have one wich I no longer use(1 year old) Will sell for £400 cost new $1050 for 5 metre.

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
i dont ever recall seeing a safari room that fits on to a standard american rv awning. i would like one though.

found one on yank ebay though

Link Removed

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.
We only fit up our safari room if we are on site for more than 2 weeks. I find it hard work now to put up due to bad health. It was easy a few years ago.

steve & ann. teensvan

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
its not just the putting up and taking down as after all thats not too difficult. The problem is in the weight, transportation and storage.
We have owned two and sold them both. We are tourers, rarely staying anywhere for more than a couple of nights. We have a drive away awning as well which we find a bind. We now have the wind shade blockers and although not as good in terms of privacy, excellent for transportation and ease of putting up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There seems to be a proliferation of those wind blockers at the Peterborough show ... they must've been breeding in the MHF section! :roflmto:

I had a good look at them and they seem to be made of the same type of material as voile curtains so will probably buy some material and make my own ... can't decide whether to go for luminous pink or Tango orange! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
N

NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
House in the way

If it is a Fiamma or Omnistore it will have the makers name on the front bar.

Peter
Hi Thanks I only purchased the camper last week and with it parked by the side of my house the house gets in the way of openning out the awning fully,I will pull the camper out and take a look Cheers

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
You'll have an American one, probably A&E (someone correct me if I'm have a senior mo) so you'd need one for the American type.

Carefree (?) I think is another option.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
HI, these safari rooms are quite easy to put up for anyone with a reasonable amount of inteligence. i have one wich I no longer use(1 year old) Will sell for £400 cost new $1050 for 5 metre.

400 quid for intelligence -bargain :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
N

NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Awning Make

Hi the one I have fitted is a SUNCHASER by Dometic
Product No 958301578
Model 834AV18400
Serial Number 31975669
Does anyone know if a Omnistoror Fiaami type will fit to this awning.It has a slot ruuning across the front tube that the front would slide into and has the facity to disconnect the uprights from the camper and put them as corner uprights.any help advice appreciated Nic.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you were to be at one place for a few days , its great , for the extra space. We have decided to keep it. I'm sure it will come in handy when we go to the Isle of White for a week in June. We shall be leaving the MH and using the bikes all week.

Are you mad? Have you seen the hills my daughter lives in Ryde I have trouble walking up the hill to her place she's only 24 & and is gasping half way up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Are you mad? Have you seen the hills my daughter lives in Ryde I have trouble walking up the hill to her place she's only 24 & and is gasping half way up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well
(apart from my very poorly back at the moment:Doh: ouch )
We are quite a fit family. We bike alot and are all slim n active :Blush:
If we have to get off the bike and walk , we will.
If we decide to put the fiamma down , use the MH , we shall.
Or get a bus even .
We dont have anything planned yet. So we may do a reccie round the Isle in the MH. Check out the hills :thumb: and save the bike riding to more local areas.
We are going to Whitcliffe Bay Bembridge by the way.
Never been before , any advice ?
Please dont tell me its like Jeremy Kyle's waiting room.
Thanks
Bev

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
you will have a wonderful time in whitecliff bay I lived on the island for 9 years I'm a Grockle apparently and hubby's a calkhead, so they call islanders!!! hubby is an islander and he says the same, its a lovely spot with one of the best views on the island dont gorget to visit Alum vbay and take the cable car to the beach and the boat out to the needles!! another fabulous view, they are all around, the views that is, it's a wonderful little island not cheap to get there mind!! but look in the offers with whitelink ( the ferry )you can get a good few deals there:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi the one I have fitted is a SUNCHASER by Dometic
Product No 958301578
Model 834AV18400
Serial Number 31975669
Does anyone know if a Omnistoror Fiaami type will fit to this awning.It has a slot ruuning across the front tube that the front would slide into and has the facity to disconnect the uprights from the camper and put them as corner uprights.any help advice appreciated Nic.

measure from the ground to the awning rail if it is no more than 280 you would be able to adapt it to fit if using the clip system, the front fiamma panel will slide in along the front but you will have to adapt the end of the clip systemto fit into the roller and at the rear, it can be done, there is a company in bristol i believe called hills or hillside awnings and blinds they go to the motorhome shows and they supply and adapt them for the A&E Dometic awnings

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back