geordie graham

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Seaton Carew Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
We have just ordered our Vango Kela driveaway awning and being newbies I need to ask a few questions.Because I am disabled t`other half will have to do all the putting up so i am trying to make it as easy as possible.I have been told by my sister who is a seasoned caravanner, that we will have to set up the awning on hard standing, and after having seen some of the hard standing pitches, the aggregate used is pretty rough so won`t the groundsheet of the awning just get damaged and would the screwed rock pegs with the drill adapter be the best pegs to use ( I should be able to help with these whilst sitting in my wheelchair.
After looking into buying a motorhome and also the adaptions needed for the wheelchair we thought we would try and utilise our Sprinter wheelchair access van to see if we could manage.We booked into a small site close to home and after getting wheelchair out of the van and parked next to the van, we layed out two foldable cubes for mattresses and put a duvet on the bottom and another duvet as a cover and found the van more than adaquate as a bedroom, so will use this set up for the near future until we can afford a motorhome. The reason I am telling you this is I was wondering because we not really using a proper motorhome can we still be Funsters :rolleyes:

Thanks Graham

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome already, as you are a poster. Next stage .. Funster.

I agree that a grass base sounds better but then I don't use an awning so maybe someone else will give you better advice.

:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. i use a converted mini artic trailer and a mitsubishi canter artic unit . thats converted from our local grave diggers tipper truck . so dont worry . you arent alone . its in my avatar.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back