Awning probs (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
Hello all, hope you are keeping safe and well.
Currently DH is galloping through all the repairs to our MoHo and we've just rolled out the Fiamma awning for the first time. The arm on the left side needs a little persuasion to fully extend even after lubricating but it does fully extend in the end. But when we roll it back up, the same end does not fit snugly in it's housing. We're thinking it may have got twisted slightly on that end at some point.
Just wonder if you have any suggestions please?

Attachments

• IMG_20200402_111731.jpg
    IMG_20200402_111731.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 27

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Fiamma have adjustments for when there is an offset at one end after rolling up an awning.
So def. check out Manic's video links to see if resolving your awning woes are cured by routine maintenance actions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Treecol
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
Thank you so much. We will try the adjustment over the weekend when I've cleaned the awning. I'll report back as to how it goes (y)

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Treecol
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
Well our awning is much older than the one in the video. MoHo is 2003. There is nothing to adjust. DH tried to turn a piece at the very end of the roll but it does nothing. Any ideas for older models? Can't see any adjustments anywhere.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Wind it right out, it might just have wound in on the skew or with a small fold, pull out tight at both ends then try winding in again

but don’t worry too much we have to give ours a helping push at one end, the longer the awning the more likely to happen ?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well our awning is much older than the one in the video. MoHo is 2003. There is nothing to adjust. DH tried to turn a piece at the very end of the roll but it does nothing. Any ideas for older models? Can't see any adjustments anywhere.
I’m sure You can adjust the older ones, I seem to remember you could turn a part at the end.

OP
OP
Treecol
Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
Thank you, we have tried that and it goes back when wound to where you see it in the photo. But even if we push it, it always stays out very slightly.
We're just concerned that when driving along, although it is the end towards the rear of the MoHo, it will get pulled out more if it won't click home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back