Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Hi everyone,
any idea where can I buy front and side panels for my rv awning have tried internet search without much success, hoping to head for Spain on 20 something of August and boss says we need them before we go:helpsos:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
::bigsmile: We used to have them on our old Coachmen. It is called a 'Safari Room'. Most US RV accessory companies stock them. Such as Camping World. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi everyone,
any idea where can I buy front and side panels for my rv awning have tried internet search without much success, hoping to head for Spain on 20 something of August and boss says we need them before we go:helpsos:

Hi,

What is the make and size of the awning fitted to the RV?

Peter

OP
OP
R

roycondor

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
hi peter, sorry about the delay in replying,
The awning make is A & E, the fabric is approx 182 inches and the distance between bars is approx 16 feet and height to awning rail is approx 121 inches

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
hi peter, sorry about the delay in replying,
The awning make is A & E, the fabric is approx 182 inches and the distance between bars is approx 16 feet and height to awning rail is approx 121 inches

Sorry we haven't got anything, why not get some big groundsheets and cut them to fit ?

Peter

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Now I have an idea of size Roy, I will PM you tomorrow with prices but I'm afraid I won't be shipping until the 3rd week in August :Sad:

OP
OP
R

roycondor

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Cheers everyone
Grateful for all your help as usual
roy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
side panels can be obtained very cheaply if you are handy with needle and thread. Gazeebos are sold for under £25 with sides all round including windows, got mine after neighbor damaged his frame, for free. Can't get cheaper than that, just added velcro strips to fix in place

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
After the weather we've had since Easter I certainly wouldn't like to think our safari room was made of second hand gazebo bits! Sorry, but they're expensive because they're made to keep out heat and bad weather; not the easiest things or fastest to put up and you don't build them just for a weekend, but once up and secured properly, wind and weatherproof. The Awning Company made ours, not cheap I'm told, but worth it, especially for a longer stay.
Jan

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I got mine from foxwell products or foxwell something have web address on computor at home ( in Italy at moment ).. Have to say have found front wall useful , have put whole thing up a few times would not bother most of the time to be fair.

One down side I did get my main awning ripped one night last october when I had the whole thing up and a bad storm came up in middle of night. Had the safari room not been fitted I could have rolled up the main awning in a matter of mins and no damage done as it was needed a new awning for my A+E .

Regards

Lampie

OP
OP
R

roycondor

Free Member
Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
hi lampie,
foxwell products do not appear to be trading at present, their website is non existent and phone number not in use:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back