Awning options - future possibilities (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Our new to us MH has a Fiamma F45ti wind out awning. Just the roof but we're a long way from needing more or to change the type...

But... :)
It was pointed out to me that there's also some sort of rail all the way round the edges of the MH on the habitat door side.
That's going to be the original awning rail, right?
But a quite different type to the Fiamma.
What are they called? I tried to load up on knowledge via bing! Is it a drive away awning?
And the awning will have a track that takes a fig.8 band to join the MH rail to the awning rail?
Are there any other fitting types?

EDIT: Looking at the profile of the side of our MH, it would be a weird Awning that lined up to it :eek:
The thing I am wondering if it is an awning rail follows the edge of the habitat part of the van - including the overcab over hang

Attachments

• Similar Compass To Ours.png
    Similar Compass To Ours.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's not an awning rail, it covers the fixing joint where the sides/rear/roof join each other, it looks like an awning rail but I'm afraid it isn't one.

You'll need the figure of 8 connection kit (often referred to as a Kador kit) to push the 'tunnel' piping part into the front edge channel in your existing wind-out awning - as the piping on most awnings is of a larger diameter than the channel hence the need for the kit.

awning attachment.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH