Awning missing bits I think Fiamma? (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
First one 3 days ago!!!!!
Hi everyone
First outing in the Preloved campervan we purchased.

It has a Fiamma privacy 2000 with f45 awning.

Please see pics.

From what I can see from videos I am missing the receiving brackets in the awning box to put the pointy poles into.. looks like I need to adjust the awning arms inwards an inch for this to be installable.

Just showed it in for now but naturally it bobs around last night.

Also all the videos I have watched they have a clipping system to join awning fabric to side panels.

But my side panels appear to connect with clips over this pole.

And are the awning fabric fixing tapes any good?

Yes I do need to clean awning.... šŸ˜€

What I am missing to join the awning fabric to the side panels pls? Very new.. very green.... But enthusiastic ..

Thanks in advance

R

Attachments

• 15981721763431420898202710249546.jpg
    15981721763431420898202710249546.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 15981721988152510014754364956437.jpg
    15981721988152510014754364956437.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 15981722265473989570287948780642.jpg
    15981722265473989570287948780642.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Looking at it I don't think we could adjust the awning brackets as they seem close very neatly into the box so there must be an adapter on top of then rather than an insert.... But .. totally new so could be way off.

Thanks in advance

R

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi Romolo

I have just one side panel for my awning, but it is a different model. DSCF1530.JPGDSCF1531.JPGThe first pic is of the two ends of the rafter pole and the second is of the end of the awning showing where the spiked end of the awning pole locates. Does this help with your query?

I can try to put the side panel up too, if it may help, but I am rather short of space as I have a friend's camping car parked up here too.

John

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Yes it is that receive unit I am missing to put the pokey bit into as the other side fits in fine.
So I figured that from my googling but great to hear that confirmed.
Any ideas what this is called to buy the correct one?

Also how do you connect your fabric of the awning roof with the side panels?

I have clips on the round tube pole for the side... but nothing to clip awning roof to pole?

Unless I am supposed to just use spare clips which I have a few. But I have seen on the videos there is a clipping panel system.. but maybe that is for something newer.. Just cannot see how I make a solid seal between roof and side panel.

Thanks

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Romolo

Hi Ray,

I ordered the fittings for mine from Johns Cross as I wanted the option of putting my panel at either end - it only comes with the fitting for one end. It seems so long since I last had the awning out and the end panel fitted that I can't remember how it all goes together. If I have the time tomorrow and the rain stays away, I'll try to get everything fitted together and let you know how it goes. I'll try for another couple of photos, too.

John

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I've just had a look at the Fiamma web site and I think you will find the info you need on this page fiammastore.com/Spares_Search/Side_W_Side_W_Pro_and_Sun_View_Side_spares. It even gives Fiamma part numbers and descriptions.

I used to get my bits and pieces from a caravan shop out towards Chester, but that has gone now. It is now a motorcycle dealer.

I hope

John

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Landy Andy Yes they look like it... I will check to see if I have enough space as my awning arm brackets have much less space free than I see on other pictures and videos..
Pilote87 Brilliant... I have not seen anything that clear on their website when I was onsite frantically looking.

Thank you to both of you.

It seems you are running the same system as me.. Please can you confirm how you attach awning ceiling that you have extended out of the Van to the side walls to stop wind and rain into the new compartment?

Mine appear to just flap about unless I am supposed to use a couple of white C clips to join the awning to the side panels which does not seem brilliant.

Not when I see the videos of others using a clipping system with a long piece that clips into place?

Thank you again

R

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Iā€™ve just got (in technical terms) a springy two part pole, and a sheet with holes in. The sheet has the top folded back on itā€™s self, to form a tube that the springy pole is poked up. Point on pole goes into hole bracket as per my link, and other end of pole clips on awning windout section. That is it apart pegging bottom if required. I never have.

So bit different to your situation

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
aha ok.

I have a pole which extends and twist to lock. And then on my side panels I have white c clips connected with grey material that I pinch the side panel material onto the pole that runs alongside the awning ceiling itself. but then I have a massive flapping disconnected ceiling to the side panel which seems super wrong as it does not make a wind proof and rain proof space. But I do have more white c clips which are in a bag which I suppose I could connect to the fabric of the awning ceiling and the pole so I am clipping from both sides? but again this would not make a solid space... not like others I have seen.

I say end A and B here just to explain these are not technical terms :).

I take my pointy pole (end A) and moulded clip (end B) and put the pointy end (end A) into the wind out awning home (but I do not have the clips right now...... this is what I am missing here for sure) and then the moulded clip (end B)connects to the end of my wind out awning and that seems to be a solid fit.

But when I look at the videos of f45 with privacy 2000 panels it has a massive long piece that literally clips to the ceiling and then somehow connects to the side panels. it looks like a solid design from clipping to the ceiling... but cannot seem to find any reference to getting it for my f45 and no poles like we have to connect side panels... totally confuzzled.

Thanks

R

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I know my setup is different to yours so didnā€™t post, till I thought info wasnā€™t provided, so Iā€™m just assuming that your pole setup is the same as mine. Unfortunately due to where I park my van I canā€™t unwind and show you the bracket fitted. And no ceiling to wall joint is required for my setup as itā€™s only to provide shade, stop wind.

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Oh so you do not secure side panel to ceiling it just sort of runs alongside each other?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yep. Just goes over the pole, thatā€™s it. Hence not much help to you.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
This is what Iā€™ve got. And it very clearly shows the brackets I'm talking about.

have you tried youtube for your awning

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Oh yes I have been youtubing and youtubing. That setup is not mine. And that is the trouble I am trying to find. Many thanks for helping.

I have an F45 awning and privacy 2000 side and front panels which are full length. Makes a whole habitat.

I have never seen it up as previous owner never used it.

I do not put a pole in for my side panels..they clip to that pole via white c clips.

But on that one it seems to be you leave the awning free of the connecting side panel pole. Which does not stop water or wind. But I guess this might be one of the genuine setups.

Being totally new to this and no demo of how it works previously.... genuinely shooting in the dark..

But this forum is being super helpful so thank you to everyone.

R

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Stick some photos up of what youā€™ve got. May help if we can see it.

Aug 14, 2013
DĆ©partement 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I have to go out in my camping car tomorrow afternoon for the French version of the MOT, so I'll drive back into my garden in such a way that I can get my awning out and then take photos of what I have to do. I recall sliding my pole through the top of the awning side, which holds it up, and then putting the ends of the pole into position, the pointy end into the receptor with the hole (inside the awning box) and the blunt end (with the black fitment) into outer awning rail.

However, if we have the predicted rain then that "ain't gonna happen". Please be patient

John

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Thank you everyone.

Landy Andy - I will do tomorrow... raining today so could not get to it. I have some up in the OP. But I will take some photos of the pole on etc.. so you can see.

Pilote87 - Many thanks. Mine does NOT have a pole that goes through the side panel. It has white C shaped Clips on material attached to the side panel.

Thank you

R

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
ok Landy Andy I bought the ones that you popped a link for.. Thank you very much.
These seem to be the rights ones.. I will just have to squeeze them in as my awning has little space n the sides. but looks good as the 13.6 size works.. Thanks so much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back