Aug 2, 2015
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month
Hi All,

Recently bought an Adria Vision 647sg after owning a caravan for the last 10 years and just cleaning it all up and trying to fix a couple of small things.
Just bought a maypole awning light as the existing lens is scortched and has gone brown where it looks like the bulb has got too hot against it.

When I went to put the new one on I thought i'd leave the original back plate on and just change the lens but then noticed one of the little clips that the cover clips onto is broken. Then thought I would change the back plate to the new one...easy enough just take out the 2 screws...did this but then found the back plate seems to be glued or something similar to the side wall and I can't get it off!
very reluctant to try to prise it off with to much force In case I damage or dent the side panel.

Next thought was to glue or sealant the cover in place and put an LED bulb in that hopefully won't need replacing for years but just been told by my local electrical wholesalers that they never have much success with LED bulbs and 12v and always get them returned.

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Also on another note two of the headlight bulbs (the middle on both sides) have some kind of sticker on them that has gone brown...the previous owner said he always left them alone as he was not sure what they were so I wondered if I should do the same or try and get them off as they look a bit untidy.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Attachments

• Adria Light.jpg
    Adria Light.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 29

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It sounds like your electrical wholesaler is selling 12 volt bulbs and 12v only. Your MoHo runs at anything up to 14v. You need some of these below.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The bulbs shown are to replace internal lights, warm in the lounge and cool in the kitchen and bathroom for when SWMBO is cooking in the evening and having a shave in the mornings. :eek: :LOL::LOL:

Other bulbs are available for whatever fitting needed, the voltage range is the important thing. (y)

OP
OP
thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

Free Member
Aug 2, 2015
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month
thanks very much for the replies...so seeing as the awning light is outside will the ones pictured above be OK?

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
What type of bulb base is it?

OP
OP
thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

Free Member
Aug 2, 2015
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month
Chap in the shop was saying something about maybe needing a transformer?
Ideally just want to switch existing Bulb to an LED one.

Pic of bulb below

Attachments

• Awning Bulb.jpg
    Awning Bulb.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 33

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
not sure what base that bulb is... maybe someone else can maybe shed some light (pardon the pun)

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
The lamp in your last image is a 12V, 2pin, halogen, capsule lamp with a G4 base. Look for LED lamps with the same base, like Badknee's examples.
The staining on the headlight is an old beam bender, stick on plastic lense, which can be replaced.

OP
OP
thewhirlwind

thewhirlwind

Free Member
Aug 2, 2015
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 month
great thanks very much....so do you think I can pick the beam bender off without damaging the light?
Also do I need to replace it or can I just leave it without it on?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
great thanks very much....so do you think I can pick the beam bender off without damaging the light?
Also do I need to replace it or can I just leave it without it on?
You don't need a transformer, you need decent lamps. LED to match existing bulb base. Peel beam deflector off headlight carefully and clean glue off with glue and tar remover, not nail polish remover if cover is plastic. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back