Awning help (1 Viewer)

moo13

Free Member
Sep 17, 2017
Funster No
Hi im new to this forum and to motor homing, we have a 2017 elddis 115 and we are looking at awnings
we like the Kampa pro rally 260 but it is to high for our elddis, but the caravan version is slightly smaller can you fit a caravan awning to a motorhome. Thank you and enjoying the site.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Based on usual standard awnings i would say no.
Do nt the kampas come in three height size models
Motor home awning usually only fix to the existing awning across the roof line, whereas caravans have a dedicated awning rail from floor, up the side, along roof line and back to floor so possibly three times longer than you need
you can of course fit a caravan awning rail, (not something I would do personally

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The joy of having a MH is the ability to make up your journey as you go along, moving on as you feel like it and staying in a variety of locations from full on sites through Aires to wild camping. It's a bit of a shame to then tie your self to the ground with a full awning as opposed to a wind out sun shade.
You cannot use full awnings on Aires or when wild camping.
A lot of people find a stand alone pop up is an option if you really feel that you want this sort of space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
The difference between the Kampa Rally Air Pro and the Kampa Motor Rally Pro is that the "Motor" version is designed for Motorhomes and is available in three sizes to fit varying heights of vehicles:-

L: fits 250 - 265cm
XL: fits 265 - 280cm
XXL fits 280 - 295cm

The Kampa Rally Air Pro is designed for caravans and only comes in one height size, suitable for caravans between the height of 235-250 cm

Pete

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If the height is right then you can use a Kampa Rally awning which is the cheaper framed one. It only comes with the 6mm bead against the Motor Rally one which has the 4mm and 6mm bead.
If you have a Fiamma awning you will need a 4mm bead, you can either use the 6 to 4mm kadar strip and fig 8 section or do what I did and pull out the 6mm insert and push in a 4mm one, this I had pulled out of an old awning.
This is ours in use at Jim 's 5 star site at Costa Sutton
20170824_125942.jpg

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
IMG_20170824_182829.jpg

The above awning is a Dorema Magnum Air which is designed for caravans only. I had a length of 4mm awning piping sewn next to the original so that it will slot into the Fiama 45. Pleased with the result but to be fair we don't use it much at all and if I were to go back in time now I think I would purchase a Stand Alone/Pop up.

OP
OP
moo13

moo13

Free Member
Sep 17, 2017
Funster No
Hi the problem we are having with the Kampa air rally is the height our fixed awning is 248 cms so they are to big, we like the shape of them, at the moment we are still getting in to the motorhome way off life so a field my two dogs and the husband and a glass of wine is what I am enjoying, we have such a hard year we are trying to relax and get some us time. I lost both my parents last year within 6 six weeks of each other they were both fit and healthy and both died when on holiday abroad, so we just want time out at the moment one of the dogs was my parents and is elderly so he cant walk to far. We are doing our first week away at the end of the month so just need the extra space.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
The Dorema magnum is designed to fit caravans from 235-255 cm in height. (y)
Could be an option.;)

OP
OP
moo13

moo13

Free Member
Sep 17, 2017
Funster No
:blusher:Thank you I will google now it looks similar to the Kampa Rally as well thank for your help it is like a mind field and we have spent to many weekends looking for one I thought the divorce was suppose to happen when you put it up for the first time lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back