Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Folks!
We are wanting to fit an side wall mounted awning for our forthcoming visit to Austria and I'm not sure how long an awning we can fit. Can the awning extend above the side overcab window since there is some space above the window? How much space is needed between the window and the top of the side wall to mount a Fiamma awning? Does anyone have a Flash S3 with awning - if so how long is it (3.5 or 4m)? Sorry to ask such an elementary questions but I can't find a site with the full dimensions of the awnings on.:Doh:
Many thanks
jane

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Jane
We have a Chausson welcome 76, not the same as yours I know, our van is 7.36mts and we have a 4 mtr Omnistor awning, if thats of any help to you. Pete :thumb:

Mrs Bear

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
Funster No
Awning for Flash S3

Hi we have a Fiamma awning which is 3.5m long, the 4m one would not fit due to the overcab window, I have tried to attach a picture for you

Regards

Vicky

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know if this helps, but we have a Chausson Flash 04 which we had a 3m awning put on, the John's Cross lads had to cut away some of the overcab 'capping' to get it to fit - it shows the height of the awning casing on the van which might help you decide if you've got a big enough gap or not.

Attachments

• awning 1.JPG
    awning 1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 27
  • awning 2.JPG
    awning 2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 26

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Folks!
We are wanting to fit an side wall mounted awning for our forthcoming visit to Austria and I'm not sure how long an awning we can fit. Can the awning extend above the side overcab window since there is some space above the window? How much space is needed between the window and the top of the side wall to mount a Fiamma awning? Does anyone have a Flash S3 with awning - if so how long is it (3.5 or 4m)? Sorry to ask such an elementary questions but I can't find a site with the full dimensions of the awnings on.:Doh:
Many thanks
jane

Hi Jane,

If you give Glenn a ring on 01-580-881288 he will be happy to advise you.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back