• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Awning - Dorema Challenger (SunCamp) (1 Viewer)

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
When we bought Humberto the Hymer there were 2 awnings included. We have sold one and now we will sell the other.

I don't have any photos of it but it says "Sun Camp" and "Challenger". On looking at the Internet it appears to be a Dorema Challenger (maybe Dorema bought SunCamp, I don't know). Anyway when it stops raining I'll erect it in the garden against the fence.

It appears to be very much like this.... >>>>Click here <<<<< but I can't guarantee it's Dorema. I'll check canvas again for labels when it stops raining. There are no instructions but I've seen videos of similar ones. You attach the awaning to the awning tracks, construct the frame and extend it to shoulder height, drag the canvas over the assembled frame, extend the poles up and across to tension it then secure it all with supplied rubber straps to the grass. (The rubber straps even seem untouched).

It's a drive-away awning, with a joining strip for an awning track, the "front-room" part has a zipped wall to separate it from the drive-away tunnel part.

Issues.
#1 - 1 pole needs quite a bit of force to slide it in/out. The poles are totally rust-free, like new in fact, so I think it may be ever so slightly bent. (It still slides in and out but you need to pull hard). Gently bending may sort that out.

#2 - There is a slight tear at the bottom of the canvas. The tear is approx 1" square, tiny and easy to stitch up and almost down at the plastic skirt level.

#3 - 1 pole has a screw lock that needs replacing as it's deformed. Like This
They are about £3 each I think from camping shops. If I'm at a camping shop I'll buy one.

#4 - No curtains (like the ones shown in the image above)

It comes in 2 bags, 1 for the canvas and 1 for the poles. If I had a garage in the MH I'd keep it but it's too big to carry indoors really.

The first person to show up at Andover, North West Hampshire, with £100 gets it. They appear to be circa £500 new.

PS. The canvas looks like new, maybe it's been used once but seriously there are no mud/dirt marks, even on the plastic skirt.

Like I say, I'll try to get some photos this week or next. I just thought I'd make people aware ASAP that I have it in case anyone is desperate for Summer Hols and wants to check it out.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back