Roger Barsby

Free Member
Jul 26, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Morning all. Thinking about getting a drive away awning for the Moho. Thinking about inflatable type for speed and ease. Don't need anything huge - just want to put the outside table and chairs in it so we can leave the site if we want without having to put everything away. Looked at the vanguard kela iii which seems reasonable. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you all may have. Pole v inflatable, size etc.

Thanks

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hi Roger

We've had the full range from lightweight poles, to Full canvas to Air and I must say the air ones are light, single bag and very quick to erect.

Some air ones still have the odd pole for canopy's etc, have a built in ground sheet so no drafts or some have one that will clip out. Some campsites don't like fixed ground sheets on grass, Watch the shape on some models, angled sides means you lose a lot of usable space inside and as the roof is narrower than the base, if the door is opened when wet any drips will fall directly inside the awning, most annoying.
Canvas ones mainly consist of two bags, one for the frame poles and one for the covering and no ground sheet again very easy to erect with two people, bit more fiddly on your own. Unless you have the carbon poles the frame can be very heavy, my Dorema challenger awning weights 62kg as apposed to 38kg for the aquila.

We had the Saparia (Kella 3) now i think but found it too long for the pitches, we now have the Quest Aquilla low top and find it very very good, no lost space inside, enough room for table , two chairs and to stretch out if needed. 7 pumps per tube and it is up (two tubes) 1 adjustable roof pole and three canopy poles, peg it down and away to go.
Just in case, If an Aquilla model is of interest Steveboy has a high top version for sale in the classified.

Apologies if I have waffled on a bit.

T

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the Kamp Midi pod air awning and thing it's great, very easy to erect and quick to take down with quick release valves (bit like myself).
I can't remember exact price but we paid under £300 for it I'm sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Why not look at Quest Pop up Gazebo can be put up in a couple of minutes you can have them with or without sides, £149 from Robert Days
IMG_20160726_155951697_HDR.jpg

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I'll second the Quest which I have just purchased. Goes up in under a minute and is extremely well made. Costs half the amount of a strap on drive away and you can be flexible on where you site it on your pitch. If you Google "Quest Elite 4" you can watch a youtube of the gazebo being erected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back