Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
My new to me Van came with a TV, Avtex L186DR I just cannot believe that in 2014 it uses the FAT filing system which was in use on the first computer I ever bought in 1993 with the Windows 95 operating system and only 128 mb of storage.
(FAT) Which is less than useless for putting films, TV shows etc. onto a USB stick and watching in France or elsewhere on the continent of Europe. I have fitted a 100w solar panel and had hoped that I will be using Aires or the cheaper ACSI sites and not having to buy electricity, so the Avtex will run on 12v, I just wonder if Avtex know the technology has moved on in the 21st century?

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

Why do you think it is useless???

I have about 1000 films and TV programmes stored on harddrives which work perfectly on my Avtex TV.

The Harddrives like USB sticks are Fat32.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
DJA is right. The FAT from years ago was Fat16. Later versions including the avtex I think are fat32. It works fine and is more universal than NTFS that the newer Microsoft products use.

Don't knock it -it works!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Likewise, our Avtex TV has no problem with our Hardrives and 32Gb usb keys....
Plays perfectly......(y)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
My new to me Van came with a TV, Avtex L186DR I just cannot believe that in 2014 it uses the FAT filing system which was in use on the first computer I ever bought in 1993 with the Windows 95 operating system and only 128 mb of storage.
(FAT) Which is less than useless for putting films, TV shows etc. onto a USB stick and watching in France or elsewhere on the continent of Europe. I have fitted a 100w solar panel and had hoped that I will be using Aires or the cheaper ACSI sites and not having to buy electricity, so the Avtex will run on 12v, I just wonder if Avtex know the technology has moved on in the 21st century?
so have avtex...!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back