LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I am looking for a good tv for the mh and avtex seem very popular, does anyone know of retailers that have good prices. Any do funster discount?
Steve

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
steve any 12v tv will do mate avtex are expensive due to the fact they are motorhome tv's i have a kogan in mine works great with inbuilt dvd

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
avtex are good but expensive. I changed mine for one with a built in dvd player and freeview. Cello. Ebay 19" £114.99. Excellent picture and sound. just search 12v tv

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
EBay around £390 new .

I'd expect it to come with decent programs at that price, the same as a 50" one with a different name on the badge.

Got to remember that £100 or £400 the basic components all come off the same far east production lines. £100 22" Kogan here, about 3 faultless years and a picture so sharp you could cut yourself on it. It powers a USB hard drive that I have hundreds of hours of films on.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
TE="hilldweller, post: 1178878, member: 5089"]I'd expect it to come with decent programs at that price, the same as a 50" one with a different name on the badge.

Got to remember that £100 or £400 the basic components all come off the same far east production lines. £100 22" Kogan here, about 3 faultless years and a picture so sharp you could cut yourself on it. It powers a USB hard drive that I have hundreds of hours of films on.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree but the quest was for an Avtex TV not a kogan or anything else .
Me /we have one from tesco's around 6 years old and still going strong £69.99

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
John lewis will give you a free 5 year guarantee on all their TV's, including Avtex

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
All Avtex tv prices seem to be fixed but at least John Lewis give you a 5 year guarantee, saying that I may need it with mine as it has broke down twice in the first year. The first time I took it back to John Lewis, 60 mile round trip and had to wait 2 weeks for repair. The second time it broke down I rang Avtex up ready to give them both barrels and the nice man on the phone said we will collect the tv tomorrow sir. Collected Tuesday afternoon, delivered back repaired Thursday afternoon.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We bought a 19" Cello as I struggled with text on the Avtex we inherited with the first van. Found the sound a bit tinny and no amount of fiddling would change it so we stuck it in the house kitchen and went back to the Avtex. Looked at the 24" Avtex at the NEC where a couple of outlets gave a small discount but at £425 plus and dearer still now we're home it's some price especially on top of a grand for the towbar and bike rack. Maybe the Kogan is worth a look.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Avtex are fantastic T.V's and are the only brand televisions that we stock... Nothing comes near in our opinion when it comes down to a, quality LED picture with clear sound..

I have the latest 24" L247DRS model in the bedroom of my motorhome!

Also don't forget your 10% Funster discount with us :winky:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have had two TV's both with built in DVD in the van.

An Avtex, that came with the van, which is on a slide out drop down bracket and a cheapo £100 job that our boys watch whilst we are driving.

The Avtex quality is superb. The cheapo is also good, but not as good as the Avtex, especially on the sound. Avtex after sales is fantastic as reported by many Funsters, not that I have used it myself. The Avtex also transmits it's sound to the van stereo on FM. A nice feature.

On our summer tour in Italy our 3 year old cheapo TV died. This is the one the boys watch when on the road so I bought a cheapo TV/DVD in an Italian electrical store, a bit like "Currys" , for €89 which has a USB input so the boys can watch their movies on the road. We have hundreds of movies on a portable hard drive. The picture quality is excellent, the sound just acceptable.

£400 against £100 or less. I would probably go down the £100 route.

The choice is all yours...............................:):)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Steve I have an Avtex tv brilliant picture and sound in UK................but nothing in Portugal or Spain,but then you already know that from are trip,still scratching my head as to why!!!!!!!!:sleep::sleep::D:D:D:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve cannot believe you did not see one stood against my room wall while you where here :D-Paul brought 4 down to try in the Caddy- after trying 2 inside to see what they looked like, 3rd one we spent about ten mins modifying the fixing bracket only to find the tv would not work :DOne broken tv later number four was used :)There is still one in my room I will ask Paul how much he wants for it ;)or he he has any others around -not mine as I paid (glup:D)him about 18 mths ago for mine but we never got around to fitting it into my van so it;s still stood on his shelf gathering dust :DCan prob bring 3 or 4 different sizes to the end of month meet for you to choose from -will have to ask and see what he has :)
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back