Avtex TV (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Why is my Avtex tv only playing sound and displaying "invalid picture format" here in Sligo, Ireland? The info screen displays MHEG5 when selected. All other functions ok including satellite tuner. Avtex model 18DRS/L215DRS. The set up menu interestingly does not include the Irish Republic in the country list.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
It probably is because Ireland now is all digital and the signal may be different. The Irish version of freeview is called saoirview and I presume you can tune in via your aerial. We haven't tried to pick up TV signal via aerial as just use the satellite dish and have very good pick up here in South Kerry

Kath

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you may need to manually reset the signal mode to AUTO or PAL I and rescan....though that is the same format as the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Solved!

If you need TV in southern Ireland you will need an Irish set top box for Irish programmes or a satellite set up. See below for explanation.

" Republic of Ireland Digital TV Switch Over

In October 2012 the R.O.I. turned off Analogue Terrestrial TV Broadcasts and therefore now only have a Digital TV service. The Broadcast Standard chosen by the Irish Authorities is different to the rest of Europe and as such any Standard Definition TV's bought in the UK or else where in Europe will not work in Ireland.

You can watch British and European programmes via satellite whilst in R.O.I. but not RTE.

If you have a normal TV and want to watch Irish Broadcasters such as RTE then you will need to purchase an Irish set top box in Ireland. Thier equivalent to Feeview is called Saorview.":Doh:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Ireland is not the only country in which there is a problem with UK Digital Terrestrial TV's. The standards used are not universal!

Our Avtex works in most countries but would not work in some Scandinavian countries.

If the country you are in is not in the TV's set up list there's a strong chance the TV will not work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back