Avtex Tv (2 Viewers)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I have two Avtex Tvs - one came with the van new 18ins non satellite the other a 24ins DRS model. Frankly their rubbish - for a start " who plays DVDs these days". Second on the satellite version they do not pay for a Freesat Guide license so setting up recordings is hit and miss. Picture quality is poor and viewing angles even worse. The average 24 or 22ins set from a Japanese manufacturer would knock the AVTEX into a cocked hat. Their one and only advantage is 12v operation. Frankly if I had my time again I would buy a Freesat/Feeview recorder from a company like Humax and a 22ins monitor with built in sound and HDMI inputs. It might even be possible to source a monitor that has a 12v power brick for a supply and make up my own 12v lead.

You can tell I'm not a fan of AVTEX overpriced TVs ?.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
PC world dont seem to have it now right enough. Think we were £149.99 from £200. If I knew anything about tv`s I would take your advice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CPhoenix

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Beeston, Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery
Exp
Total newb
First two pics are of same source (PS2). Same cables, same DVD (Lost Boys). First pic is Sony tv. Second Avtex. Out the box setting.

View attachment 308008 View attachment 308006

Third pic is the Avtex inbuilt DVD player again with same DVD. Poor in my opinion. There is actually more people in the background. Got fed up of messing about with settings. Usually out of the box isn’t far off.
View attachment 308003 Was impressed with soundbar but not picture quality on the TV.

The Cello has no DVD so all films now on usb hard drive. Connectivity is good with Smart/Android tv. Got a fire stick on it too. Viewing angle possibly a little less than Avtex although we’ve not seen it as a problem how we sit but at nearly half the price of the Avtex a no brainier for me.

A bit of thread necromancy here but though I should throw in an update.

I had exactly the same picture quality issue with my L219DRS Pro where dark and/or red scenes suffered massively with loss of picture quality when bright scenes didn't. I've since repeatedly had the TV set sent back to Avtex who have done another firmware update which has resolved this.
If anyone has the same problem, then get into contact with Avtex support. Their number is 02920 847670.

HTH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back