Avtex TV Aerial. Which direction (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning all,

Our 'new'??? Van has an avtex TV. I have purchased an Avtex Aerial to go with it.

I'm sat on the drive at home, put the aerial on the roof and scanned the TV to get a signal. We are, 'Line of sight' with our local TV mast at Caradon Hill.
I received loads of signals but here comes the question.
When I set up the aerial outside, (the photo is for ref. only) I had the aerial facing the mast thus:
IMG_20211004_094713.jpg

I then turned the aerial so that it was at 90 deg. to the mast and I continued to receive all the channels, thus:
IMG_20211004_094719.jpg

However, when I switched off the signal booster, I continued to receive a good reception BUT when I returned the aerial to facing the mast I lost reception.
This seems counter intuitive, but hey! what do I know? (Bugger all is the answer!)

So that's the question. I appreciate that there is also the question of whether the aerial should be upright or horizontal. If I could be guided on that as well it would be appreciated.

Over to you and, as always, thanks in advance for your responses.

Nov 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Try app on phone UK aerial alignment. I've used it all over UK. Don't forget if you have a weak signal even this info won't help.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
You need something like this Derek, you can try various positions with the antenna and see what gives you the strongest signal.

77123213-CF08-4C8A-B7C7-88D0D26EBC0B.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back