Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone have any experience of using the Avtex Tourer One sat nav which is being promoted by the Caravan and motorhome Club?

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Its just a garmin camper 770 with a few added points of interest ie CC sites.The garmin i find is a good sat nav,only let down by its traffic service which is nowhere near as good as that on tomtom sat navs in my opinion.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have the previous version and think it`s an excellent bit of kit. No troubles so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
I'm looking at these as I think the integral Dash Cam would be an advantage.
The Navtex as advertised in the CC Mag comes at £429 as opposed to the aguri which looks as good, advertised in MMM for £259.
Anyone have experiance of either or both ?
Norm

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I'm looking at these as I think the integral Dash Cam would be an advantage.
The Navtex as advertised in the CC Mag comes at £429 as opposed to the aguri which looks as good, advertised in MMM for £259.
Anyone have experiance of either or both ?
Norm
We have the AGURI no problems with it in the last two years, automatic updates on software and maps all via wifi(y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Its just a garmin camper 770 with a few added points of interest ie CC sites.The garmin i find is a good sat nav,only let down by its traffic service which is nowhere near as good as that on tomtom sat navs in my opinion.

Totally agree with the poor traffic service, so much so that I'm thinking of turning it off because it's so unreliable and misleading.

Many's the time I could have taken it's suggested diversion in order to avoid a hold up that wasn't actually there

Andrew

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Are any of the traffic reports reliable ? I ignore the one in the car as I have been sent on wasted diversions in the past. The information seems to come in too late when the problem has been resolved!
Norm

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Are any of the traffic reports reliable ? I ignore the one in the car as I have been sent on wasted diversions in the past. The information seems to come in too late when the problem has been resolved!
Norm

Tomtom traffic is excellent but the newer versions are very poor compared to thier predecessors.Thier POI management system borders on pathetic at best.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Norm

I find the live traffic info on Google Maps the most reliable.

Thinking of trying that on a tablet, as I find my phone a bit small

Andrew

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
AFA
Norm
AFAIK Traffic info all comes from the same source?

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I
AFA

AFAIK Traffic info all comes from the same source?
I could be wrong but I understood that Google used the location data from people's phones as they moved along

Andrew

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Sounds like the concensus is for the less expensive AGURI. It says it is loaded with 31000+ campsites but doesn't say where from ie ACSI or Cara & M/home Club like the Avtex but where else would they get them from? Sounds good though and £170. cheaper!
Norm

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sounds like the concensus is for the less expensive AGURI. It says it is loaded with 31000+ campsites but doesn't say where from ie ACSI or Cara & M/home Club like the Avtex but where else would they get them from? Sounds good though and £170. cheaper!
Norm
If you buy it,please do let us know how you get on with it. Purely selfish reasons ,you understand,I might buy one!;)
Many thanks Mr Norm.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Totally agree with the poor traffic service, so much so that I'm thinking of turning it off because it's so unreliable and misleading.

Many's the time I could have taken it's suggested diversion in order to avoid a hold up that wasn't actually there

Andrew
That is usually because the traffic sensors (highway agency) have malfunctioned, faulty or turned off. Your sat nav doesn't know its incorrect so will advise you heavy traffic

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Norm
I have the Aguri. It works OK when it works but it is not intuitive to use. It freezes up quite often which means rebooting it and waiting quite a while for it to decide if it’s going to work again. It sometimes comes up with a message that says something like “sorry navigation system is not working”. Other times it just switches to dash cam mode. The dash cam mode stops when the SD card is full instead of overwriting. It cost the same as a Garmin, about £350 about 18 months ago from memory. I wish I’d bought the Garmin!

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I suspect that the CAMC version is at a premium over whatever the standard price is, but what for (to encourage you to use their site network)? And what if you use the ‘other club’?

Their Snooper offering was very poor (and I consider myself polite to leave it at that).

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Norm

The TomTom Android App traffic information is spot on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back