Avtex STH2000 digital TV antenna (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Our van has one of the flying saucer type TV aerials as standard fit and the majority of the time it is not far short of useless. Whilst in Peterborough for example, I could only get 11 channels and they were so blocky that they were unwatchable.

I looked at the new Milenco aerial which has just been launched but decided that it was too big and would resemble something like an AWAC on the top of the van. I was going down the road of an aerial on a pole when I went to the RoadPro stand as they advertise one in their catalogue. They didn't have one on there but offered to send one for me. They did point me towards the Avtex portable aerial however and advised that it was suitable for what I wanted. Whilst doubtful, I decided to give it a try as there is a good guarantee. Result of first scan on the TV - 77 channels found. Moved it a bit - 184 channels - and that was with the aerial stuck on a flexible mount inside the windscreen behind the external weather blockers I have fitted.

So thanks Roadpro - both for the Funsters discount and a product that appears to work well. :thumb:

I also later saved myself a few pounds by downloading the Antenna Aligner App from Apple Store for 69p which lists up to 5 TV aerials along with the distance to them and the signal strength. I'd recommend it for anyone on the move to find the best terrestrial Freeview signal.:thumb:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have the Avetx aerial too & it's great - much better reception than we ever had with status type roof mounted aeraials.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Snap:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Another big :thumb: for the Avtex, I am very happy with it and it is excellent value for money compared to some other solutions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back