LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After nearly going blind studying the remote, can someone tell me how to delete programs i have recorded on a memory stick ?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Thinking about it, i dont know if you can.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Sorry I cant help you. But can comment on the TV...nightmare!
I thought Avtex were motorhome friendly. I bought this as I did not like the 24 inch model that came with the van. When it arrived it does not have any VESDA mountings on the back like almost 99.9% of all 32 inch TVs' and I have an issue where it keeps powering off. It will be going back for sure.

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I think you have to go into TV menu and find stick in their ,or into list on remote.my vans away so can't check at the moment

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers guys....

In general I am happy with it ( even though I said in the past I would not have another Avtex )
I know I can delete the files on a pc, but I no longer carry a PC in the van..

I was surprised at how frugal the thing is .. The bumf says ( from memory ) 42 watts..When I put a meter on it I found it was drawing a tad over 2 amps ( less than 30w ) which is less than the previous 24" jobby..

Sorry I cant help you. But can comment on the TV...nightmare!
I thought Avtex were motorhome friendly. I bought this as I did not like the 24 inch model that came with the van. When it arrived it does not have any VESDA mountings on the back like almost 99.9% of all 32 inch TVs' and I have an issue where it keeps powering off. It will be going back for sure.

While I agree the mount is not standard, in my opinion the low current draw and the light weight does make for a motorhome friendly unit :)
( powering off.... have you set the power off time ? As standard it is two hours but it can be disabled completely )

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And sussed it !!
Just press 'list' ( not very intuitive !! ) and it allows full hard drive management

Reactions: Les
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
@stewartwebr

This is what I did re bracket:

After the debacle of the Peterborough show and having to replace among other things the TV, I tried to source a bracket for the telly.
Nope.. It seems to be a special that only Avtex make.. Much MUCH bigger than normal ones.
Well Avtex aint the only ones to make a suitable bracket now..
Got busy with a spare bit of ally plate and made my own !

tv-brack1-jpg.160384
tv-brack2-jpg.160385

Last edited:

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
I have searched for the Avtex bracket but cannot find it. Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled as Jaws to make my own. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase one. I did look on Avtex website but found nowt.

Thanks

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have searched for the Avtex bracket but cannot find it. Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled as Jaws to make my own. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase one. I did look on Avtex website but found nowt.

Thanks
Worth giving them a ring.. Generally pretty helpful folk
They are only in Cardiff :)
02920 847670

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
I e-mailed Avtex and they got back to me within 24 hours. The TV is actually Vesa compliant but at 300 x 200 and not 100 x 100 which is more widely used.
Armed with the information I have bought a Vesa adaptor of Amazon for 12GBP. I have the TV fitted by drilling a few holes on the mounting plate of the electric raise lower mechanism, however it does not go down far to enough to secure the bottom 2 holes. The new bracket should resolve this (I hope)
Thanks for the information

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back