AVTEX L219DRS-PRO - Video File Formats / Hidden Menu (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Hi,

We have the above model Avtex TV, and I stuck a few series onto a Stick Drive today to try out. Soon discovered that it is a bit fussy with the file type / codec and the manual is next to useless for compatible file types / audio, etc.

I am back at home now, so was just going to stick a handful of different formats on to see which it likes when I next go to the Van, but thought I would ask the question in here first as I can either re-download them or simply convert to the favoured format.

Any ideas as to which formats it gets along with best.

Is the 2580 hidden menu still an option on this model?

TIA

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
To partly answer my own question in case of any help to somebody later down the line. The hidden menu does work and it does have the USB option defaulted to OFF (press Source, type 2580 to access the menu)

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
To fully answer my own question, lol. After turning on USB within the hidden menu, other than a wmv file it works with all the formats tried thus far, Matroka, Avi, MP4.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
To fully answer my own question, lol. After turning on USB within the hidden menu, other than a wmv file it works with all the formats tried thus far, Matroka, Avi, MP4.
Worth noting that Mastroka Avi etc are container formats and within these they contain the video and audio files which may used different codecs.
An example is a Mastroka file .mkv can contain a video file in multiple codec formats such as H.264 or DivX (+ many others) and an audio file in AAC or Ogg Vorbis (+ many others).
Your TV may be able to read the .mkv container format but may not have the right codec support for the video OR audio.

What I am saying is you need to check both the container format support and the individual code support.

Your TV may for example load the .mkv file and show the data, but when you try to play back you may be missing either the video or audio...

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Worth noting that Mastroka Avi etc are container formats and within these they contain the video and audio files which may used different codecs.
An example is a Mastroka file .mkv can contain a video file in multiple codec formats such as H.264 or DivX (+ many others) and an audio file in AAC or Ogg Vorbis (+ many others).
Your TV may be able to read the .mkv container format but may not have the right codec support for the video OR audio.

What I am saying is you need to check both the container format support and the individual code support.

Your TV may for example load the .mkv file and show the data, but when you try to play back you may be missing either the video or audio...

Hi,

Unsure exactly what codecs are supported (in audio or video), but after selecting the USB source, it did start to play all the files on the stick (video and audio).

Tested them all rather than just taking it that showing the filename meant it worked, and they all played with Audio / Video with the exception of the one .wmv file on the stick.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
To partly answer my own question in case of any help to somebody later down the line. The hidden menu does work and it does have the USB option defaulted to OFF (press Source, type 2580 to access the menu)
Hi
Just got an Avtex new TV and can't see the USB option in the hidden 2580 menu...
Any change you can take a photo of it so I Can see where the thing is!!
Richard

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
i found it by pressing source, when on the source screen and without choosing anything press 2580 menu pops up.
USB on/off near the bottom

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back