Avtex (am I too picky) (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Recently bought a new Avtex tv from ACDCTV , it arrived next day as promised and I set it up and it worked great with super picture quality to my previous Cello , I then noticed that it never had the Avrex badge on the front lower corner like in all the pictures of it, being a bit picky I thought why is this ,is the tv not actually a authentic Avtex ,I emailed ACDC and they said it must of fell of in the box in transit , checked and there was nothing , after 2 or 3 emails they suggested I rang Avtex and gave me the number , I rang and told a very nice chap of my concerns and he assured me that ACDC was one of their dealers and it should be an authentic tv , but to reasure me he would send a courier the next day to collect the tv and bring another one , I said could he not just send a name badge to stick on , no he insited the only way was to replace it so I would be totally satisfied ,so I agreed.
The following day the new tv arrived with its name in the corner and I installed it on its bracket in the van , tuned it all in working and looking perfect apart from my finger marks on the screen , the wife came along as they do with her glass wipes to clean it , within seconds some of the letters of name on the corner started to come off , it turns out that its one of those non adhesive stickers similar to club badges you put in your windscreen
Had my "Cheap Cello" for 5 years and the name is still there , doesnt breed much comfort in what is supposed to be top of the range TV

Go then you can call me picky:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
just checked mine and doesn't look a like a sticker.. certainly hasn't come off

I'm also picky, but don't think they are worth the premium price, picture and sound is little better than my £150 Finlux I had the the van I sold .. I bought this model as it has both Freeview and a Satellite tuners.. saves any other boxes.. but at almost £400 .. it should be better

IMG_3328.jpg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My Panasonic badge dropped off my old TV speakers, I could send you that. (y)

How much was it by the way? :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don’t worry.

If my experience of Avtex tv’s is anything to go by you will have another replacement tv soon enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back