AVOID ebay customer service and issues with ebay seller. (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Frustrated !

I bought an item off ebay.co.uk
The seller was in Germany. postage was £26
The goods arrived.
They were not as advertised (wrong size)
I had to return at my cost £21
Seller received them
Seller only refunded me the cost of the item

So this now leaves me £47 out-of-pocket for postage services.

So, I complain to ebay. ebay give me just THREE days to provide proof of return and cost. My Daughter dealt with it, She is in Paris. On day 4, I go to send the documents. ebay message me to say they have closed the case and will not do anything.

I have telephoned them, I have emailed them. They just tell me to be careful how I shop in the future, pointing me to their and the sellers terms for returns.

PI55ED OFF

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have had similar with items from Germany ,but always go through eBay disputes and ask for a return postage label from seller as not as described .
May have to wait a day or two and seller just refunds total and says keep it .
Normal eBay cc us as you say crap.
But must have done something right as I have a good status and a different dept .

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/ebay-concierge?id=4358

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Ebay used to be real good but it is now just like Westminster, taken over by a bunch of cowboys. Amazon is now just a tad better for most things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We got a couple of chairs off eBay.de they where not as described, we had a good laugh when they arrived, and it was bad enough when Janie sat in one, it would have broke had I tried, anyway contact the seller :rolleyes:
( a shop ) as we was going to Germany within a couple of weeks , we put them in the motorhome and took then back. :LOL:
If I said she was surprised :eek: would be an understatement. :LOL: Bob.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
I feel your pain. I ordered a torch in November and when it arrived, it didn't work. I contacted the seller using the "ask the seller a question" function and after he suggested trying a few things, offered to send a new one but he didn't have any UK stock, so would have to send one from Hong Kong.

Despite many promises that it was on its way and that he had checked with his logistics company and it would be here soon. It still never arrived. A few weeks ago, I requested a refund from the seller, no response.

I then filed a complaint with eBay and was told too long had elapsed, so they closed it. They then asked for feedback on how their Customer Services had been, went to reply to that and found that was time expired as well, grr.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal, so will have to see what happens there, although the seller isn't responding to PayPal at the moment. It's not the end of the world if I don't get a refund as it is less than £6, but it is the principle of the matter and I HATE being lied to.

Next time if I have a problem with an item, I will not be as patient with the seller and will put it through the eBay dispute process much quicker

Cheers

Trevor

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Have had similar with items from Germany ,but always go through eBay disputes and ask for a return postage label from seller as not as described .
May have to wait a day or two and seller just refunds total and says keep it .
Normal eBay cc us as you say crap.
But must have done something right as I have a good status and a different dept .

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/ebay-concierge?id=4358
I've had to use that a couple of times. It works a treat. I never contact a seller or buyer outside the eBay system.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Frustrated !

I bought an item off ebay.co.uk
The seller was in Germany. postage was £26
The goods arrived.
They were not as advertised (wrong size)
I had to return at my cost £21
Seller received them
Seller only refunded me the cost of the item

So this now leaves me £47 out-of-pocket for postage services.

So, I complain to ebay. ebay give me just THREE days to provide proof of return and cost. My Daughter dealt with it, She is in Paris. On day 4, I go to send the documents. ebay message me to say they have closed the case and will not do anything.

I have telephoned them, I have emailed them. They just tell me to be careful how I shop in the future, pointing me to their and the sellers terms for returns.

PI55ED OFF
Try raising a PayPal dispute.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another thing I found they do now when returning items.
I returned a buck P.S. my fault I ordered the wrong voltage, anyway I posted it 2nd class class didn't bother sending it recorded as it was only a fiver. When you raise a return on eBay it askes you to put in the date of return BUT it won't let you enter a date without a tracking number grrr! So eBay close the return. I contacted the seller and of course they say they haven't received it.
In this case RM paid up for lost in post.

eBay used to be reasonable but now they couldn't care a toss about buyers or sellers.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I ordered a camping book of E Bay. After 3 weeks and 3 unanswered phone calls I raised a dispute through Paypal not E Bay. Within 3 weeks I had my money refunded.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I too have raised a dispute with PayPal regarding goods not received.

Got a refund in days without having to provide any proof.

Though pleased with the outcome, couldn't help thinking this could be open to abuse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back