Aviva Abysmal System (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Tried to get a multi vehicle quote for Motorhome and Car, but Aviva's 'System' said that I would need to call them since I don't fit their automated quotation system. BUT Aviva don't publish a telephone number! So, dug around the website and eventually found an 0345 alleged Customer Service number and was met with a 'easiest way to get a quote is to use automated service' message and then line went dead.

So I phoned the Head of Media at Aviva and got a 3 second reply 'send me an email and I'll get it sorted' and call disconnected! What crap service!I have sent aforementioned Head of Media an email explaining how pathetic Aviva Systems are and how abysmal their customer service is. I have challenged him to get a reply sent to me,by saying that i don't expect to hear from what is an apathetic, divorced from customer service entity. I have held buildings and contents insurance with Aviva for some 15 years, but they will lose these policies at renewal.

'Do they look bovvered?', as someone in the comedy world used to ask? Not at all, apathy oozing from every supporating corporate pore ...

When talking about Aviva, there's no 'k' in pathetic and only one 'b' in abysmal.

Steve

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes,they've been like that for years. When it was just Norwich Union they were good,but never got themselves sorted out following merger with General Accident and Commercial Union The words don’t hold your breath come to mind. They’ve got a fairly new CEO,maybe you should write to them.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Tried to get a multi vehicle quote for Motorhome and Car, but Aviva's 'System' said that I would need to call them since I don't fit their automated quotation system. BUT Aviva don't publish a telephone number! So, dug around the website and eventually found an 0345 alleged Customer Service number and was met with a 'easiest way to get a quote is to use automated service' message and then line went dead.

So I phoned the Head of Media at Aviva and got a 3 second reply 'send me an email and I'll get it sorted' and call disconnected! What crap service!I have sent aforementioned Head of Media an email explaining how pathetic Aviva Systems are and how abysmal their customer service is. I have challenged him to get a reply sent to me,by saying that i don't expect to hear from what is an apathetic, divorced from customer service entity. I have held buildings and contents insurance with Aviva for some 15 years, but they will lose these policies at renewal.

'Do they look bovvered?', as someone in the comedy world used to ask? Not at all, apathy oozing from every supporating corporate pore ...

When talking about Aviva, there's no 'k' in pathetic and only one 'b' in abysmal.

Steve
Part of the issue is that Aviva do not insure motorhomes directly. It is always done separately via Comfort insurance and their contract with them and that is the only way. I am insured with Aviva for the car and Comfort for the motorhome and have zero issues with either of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The company I used to work for, with over 500 employees all based in the City of London, of which probably 50+ were being paid over £1m a year had it's entire company pension fund with Aviva.

The company Pensions guy got tied of dealing with such an unprofessional company, and after a number of threats that went right to the top of Aviva, they moved the entire pension fund over to another well known company, who immediately appointed a director just to deal with the company pension and nothing else.

I don't know how many millions that move cost Aviva at the time, but I do know it cost them circa £20m every year since, but they really don't care.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Steve
Steve, I could very well be wrong but I don't think Aviva cover motorhomes directly. Think it's all through and agent, Comfort Insurance. That's who we're with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back