Auxiliary Driving Lights for Ducato? (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Hi Folks

Anyone fitted auxiliary driving lights to their Ducato?? Not DRL's but actual driving lights that illuminate the road right in front of the van and don't point upwards.

I try not to drive at night (or in the dark) if I can avoid it, and recently driving through Calais to get to the Tunnel for an early train I remembered why :LOL: .

Taking the motorway from Gravelines to Calais was a nightmare of a trip, 6 am, pitch dark and with beam deflectors on (which reduce the amount of light thrown on the road just on their own), trucks in from with really bright tail lights (one truck had 20 tail lights around the perimeter of the tail gate) and oncoming traffic which, though on the opposite of the barrier, made vision of the road immediately in front of the van pretty much impossible!

In my last three cars I've had driving lights that I found really useful for just that purpose. There seems to be a space in the front corner of the bumper of the Ducato (mine is a 2019) where lights might go but looks like a grill in there at the moment. I note there are some advertised on eBay for the Ducato but wondered if any Funsters had fitted some and what were their thoughts?

TIA

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The only problem with your idea is that its illegal to have more than 1 pair of dipped headlights other than in conditions of Fog/ or reduced viz eg snow On main beam there are no restrictions other than causing dazzle to oncoming drivers . HTSH :)

OP
OP
I
May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
The only problem with your idea is that its illegal to have more than 1 pair of dipped headlights other than in conditions of Fog/ or reduced viz eg snow On main beam there are no restrictions other than causing dazzle to oncoming drivers . HTSH :)
Bugger! Did not know that (ignorance no defence of course)!
Thanks for the heads up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back