Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I suggest you check your aircon/alternator belt as well as the one for the power steering as well.

My experience - van has been serviced every year of her life 12000 miles on clock(just a baby) by "reputable" garages. So when I was hearing squeals when engaging air con I thought I'd better have a shufty myself !

Blooming aircon/alternator belt was cracked and as brittle as Tutenkamuns' manhood ! :whatthe:

Obviously the original fit and never been looked at when serviced. Guess we pay the blooming fee just to get the stamp in the service book, however don't expect anything to have been done, CHECK IT ALL OUT YOURSELF. Don't let the motortrade kill you off and maybe some other innocents too. :Angry:

I know that belt even if it snapped isn't serious but the power steering one may cause you grief if lolloping along on a nasty bend ? :Eeek:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thats worrying, how old is the van?
Like tyres, belts have a limited life if not used much.

Allan

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
try to use my belts as often as possible,,,but cant catch the son he can run bloody fast :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Thats worrying, how old is the van?
Like tyres, belts have a limited life if not used much.

Allan

2008, couldn't believe how dry and brittle it was, ready to snap I would have thought, I may post a photo, tomorrow. The power steering one wasn't so bad but I have replaced both. The engine is the ford/peugeot joint developed jobby (Mondeo). It has chain driven timing.

The bother is that we pay our money and blindly accept that things are being taken care of. :Sad:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
My engine is a Ford made one too. Due for its first service and currently with almost 9K on the clock.
I always check any vehicle thats been for a service or do it again so I know its done properly. At least the book gets a stamp......

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back