Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Unless I'm misreading it, that's not what the handbook says.
With the panel shown in the photo in my previous post, I can confirm that the switch does allow you to test both batteries independently. I went away at the weekend and the Leisure battery showed middle level, while flicking the switch to 'truck' showed top level when pressing the Test button.

Cheers,
Lee.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do you mean no 12v electric works in the hab or no 240v electric works in the hab or neither?

So many variables :cry:

Edit: just thinking that's strange because surely you might want 12v available in the hab even if the engine is running?

Cheers,
Lee.

It's the 12 volt and it's a b.....y pain having everything going off if you turn the ignition key, this is the control panel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
It's the 12 volt and it's a b.....y pain having everything going off if you turn the ignition key, this is the control panel

Ugh :Sad: Good luck. Sounds like some rewiring work needed then.

Cheers,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and good morning I think it's a requirement that all rear 12v leccy does not work whilst on the move ie engine running -the exception is of course the fridge --the control panel cuts all rear leccy once the engine is started --Of course you can bypass a lot of this :winky:
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi and good morning I think it's a requirement that all rear 12v leccy does not work whilst on the move ie engine running -the exception is of course the fridge --the control panel cuts all rear leccy once the engine is started --Of course you can bypass a lot of this :winky:
terry
I thought the same, Terry, based on the fact that it was the case with our Autoquest (our first van). I stated as much in a forum post a couple of years ago and was corrected - and, as a result, found that the 12v systems from the LB work in our Burstner with the engine running.

I can't remember the full detail but it appears to be a standard implemented by (some at least) British converters but not continental ones and not any legislative requirement.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham yes you are correct (I think::bigsmile:) Somewhere in the bumph for the Sargent charging unit in this transit it says just what we are thinking :ROFLMAO: and I also remember reading about it a few yrs ago -why it's a requirement in Brit vans I don't know :Doh: it could be one of the obscure rules that we follow and no one else does :winky: a bit like the cl/cls 5 van rule going on in the forum now ::bigsmile: The transit now has live feed to fridge loo and boiler dump valve all of which should be killed off by the Sargent unit except for the fridge -it has 2 feeds for that -:Doh: me I have no idea why what for but Paul does:ROFLMAO: ::bigsmile: or at least I think he does - prob one feed to work igniter and the other to work on 12v while engine is running --see I am making sense of my own non wiring bits now :Eeek:::bigsmile:The boiler dump valve requires a permanent live feed (AGAIN I think)and the loo got one because I forgot a wire to feed it so had to run a separate feed which now means you can flush the loo while traveling -a perfectly normal thing in my opinion ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Auto cruise is a swift not compass or eldis:Sad:

NO! 2003 Autocruise was made by Autocruise, Swift took them over later. And anyway I thought the thread was about the control panel operation which is quite possibly common to various makes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back