Autowatch Elddis alarm's door contact (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
I have an Elddis Autoquest that has a sliding fly screen to the cab door. We have an auto watch alarm fitted and there is a door contact fitted and I am not happy with it's placement as it is stuck onto the fly screen frame which seems to move!

Ive had a look and can't find anywhere really suitable to put the contacts without screwing it into the rubber door seal...anyone offer any advice or can share a photo of their door contact and how it is fitted...

thanks

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
If it works leave it
Thats the problem - when the door shuts the fly screen moves backwards so the alarm contact doesn't line up. The alarm sets and it doesn't give an error it just sets and ignores that back door contact, so you can open and go in van without setting off alarm.
I need to work out where it can go without moving - pretty sure that auto watch alarms are installed as a factory option on Elddis motorhomes so there must be someone with a fly screen the same as mine and an alar contact fitted properly...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
On our hab door the magnetic switch is fitted inside the door frame. Between the outside edge of the door and the frame. So is not visible when door is closed. It is a Hartal door, not sure if all doors have enough space to fit one. The frame has been drilled so the cable can go through it to inside the van.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Hi all
I have an Elddis Autoquest that has a sliding fly screen to the cab door. We have an auto watch alarm fitted and there is a door contact fitted and I am not happy with it's placement as it is stuck onto the fly screen frame which seems to move!

Ive had a look and can't find anywhere really suitable to put the contacts without screwing it into the rubber door seal...anyone offer any advice or can share a photo of their door contact and how it is fitted...

thanks

Ours is attached just to the right of the door seal, no doubt much the same as @SandraL states.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thats the problem - when the door shuts the fly screen moves backwards so the alarm contact doesn't line up. The alarm sets and it doesn't give an error it just sets and ignores that back door contact, so you can open and go in van without setting off alarm.
I need to work out where it can go without moving - pretty sure that auto watch alarms are installed as a factory option on Elddis motorhomes so there must be someone with a fly screen the same as mine and an alar contact fitted properly...
Surely it shouldn't set if it's not contacting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Ours is attached just to the right of the door seal, no doubt much the same as @SandraL states.

No, i think not. Ours is not visible when door is shut, it is not mounted on a rubber seal. It is inbeteeen the frame and the door. The magnet is on the edge of the door. Will try and add photo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back