Autowatch alarm help PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

Dec 21, 2021
Rochester kent.
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Majestic 105
Exp
since 0ct 2021
Yes I have the AutoWatch alarm programing details and I'll PM it as and when to whoever needs it.
Hi, i'm trying to disable the auto arming on my elldis majestic motorhome also, the manual talks about a hidden service mode switch but after 2 days of searching it does not exist. I do have the 5 numbered code. It would be great if you still had any programing details or any instructions which could help me. Its a Autowatch 695RLC on a peugeot boxer. Thanks Sean.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
On newer vans it's almost impossible to enter service mode without the switch, as there is no acc position on the ignition. Flashing the ignition on and off to get the code entered cant be good for the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi, i'm trying to disable the auto arming on my elldis majestic motorhome also, the manual talks about a hidden service mode switch but after 2 days of searching it does not exist. I do have the 5 numbered code. It would be great if you still had any programing details or any instructions which could help me. Its a Autowatch 695RLC on a peugeot boxer. Thanks Sean.
On our Elddis boxer, after locking the van you can disable the alarm with the auto watch fob and the doors stay locked.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
w2f

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
darlek man you have a PM

mikehep

Free Member
Mar 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
mfsjls89M/
Yes I have the AutoWatch alarm programing details and I'll PM it as and when to whoever needs it.
When I alarmed/disarmed my boxer alarm it used to beep. Now it doesn’t. Any suggestions please?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Generally they dont need a service switch however I would advise having one on the newer vans that only have a 2 position ignition otherwise you are going the need to flash on and off on the ignition to match the code starting the fuel pump and everything else each flash! Not ideal.

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Hi, recently upgraded to a motorhome from VW. Working fine for 4 months now the alarm goes off randomly at night.
2017 peugeot boxer (Maquis Elldis Majestic 115).
Cant set the alarm, just get extra chirps when trying to set the alarm. Had to lock from inside and exit via hab door.
Have tried new batteries in the PIR sensor, but that just gave me a different set of extra chirps!
Cleaned the sensor on the hab door, didn't help though.
All doors and windows closed.
I also read about the bonnet sensor, but not sure I found it (unless it is the long threaded screw that had a sort of push down button on it?)
Any help would be great - thanks!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I also read about the bonnet sensor, but not sure I found it (unless it is the long threaded screw that had a sort of push down button on it?)
Yes. That’s your bonnet switch.
Make sure it’s pressed in, you can even do this by hand, and then try setting alarm.

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Yes. That’s your bonnet switch.
Make sure it’s pressed in, you can even do this by hand, and then try setting alarm.
Thought so... I tried pressing the button down this afternoon and then setting the alarm with the fob but still got the extra chirps and no arming. Even spayed it with a bit of WD40!
Anything else I can try?
Thanks

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thought so... I tried pressing the button down this afternoon and then setting the alarm with the fob but still got the extra chirps and no arming. Even spayed it with a bit of WD40!
Anything else I can try?
Thanks

More than likely the contact on your hab door that's causing your problem.
Another culprit can be a flat battery in the wireless PIR in the hab area.

Here's my hab door contact, small like button nearly flush to the door frame near the bottom of the frame and a magnet in the door at the same position.
If you have that, let my know and we can go on from there.

1648414299319.png

1648414447190.png

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
I put 2 new batteries in the wireless PIR earlier today, but the alarm still wouldn't work.
I also have the same hab door contact as your picture Two on Tour, and I gave that a clean too.
I don't have a garage Andy, but lockers? Do you mean my gas locker, leisure battery and toilet cassette lockers? Would they have sensors?
Everyone here is so helpful! Thanks all (y)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I also have the same hab door contact as your picture Two on Tour, and I gave that a clean too.

Giving them a clean is not the problem with the hab door contacts, normally it's the fact that the reed contacts fuse together not allowing the alarm to set as it thinks the hab door is still open.
Several of us have had this problem.

Last edited:

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Giving them a clean is not the problem with the hab door contacts, it the fact that the reed contacts fuse together not allowing the alarm to set as it thinks the hab door is still open.
Several of us have had this problem.
Will try this with a motorhome servicer and let you know!

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
I put 2 new batteries in the wireless PIR earlier today, but the alarm still wouldn't work.
I don't have a garage Andy, but lockers? Do you mean my gas locker, leisure battery and toilet cassette lockers? Would they have sensors?
Everyone here is so helpful! Thanks all (y)
Hi Lee,
I have had problems with my Autowatch Alarm system. Alarm going off in the middle of the night etc. Changed all the batteries and cleaned contacts. For some unknown reason, now seems to be working.

For your information, Kits and Bits is located in Barry. They are very knowledgeable with Autowatch Alarms. Give Ricky a call.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Will try this with a motorhome servicer and let you know!

Be aware that the hab door contact does not operate as a normal house alarm contact does, it operates in the reverse to a house alarm contact.
If a new contact is needed, then contact Autowatch as they stock them.
I have had the contact fail twice now and I carry a couple of spare with us in the van in case it fails again while we are away.

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Hi Lee,
I have had problems with my Autowatch Alarm system. Alarm going off in the middle of the night etc. Changed all the batteries and cleaned contacts. For some unknown reason, now seems to be working.

For your information, Kits and Bits is located in Barry. They are very knowledgeable with Autowatch Alarms. Give Ricky a call.
That's good to know. Got family in Barry so will go there. Cheers

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Two on Tour
I'll buy some spares as well from Autowatch - are they easy to fit yourself? Or do you need to be a file trained electrician :giggle:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Two on Tour
I'll buy some spares as well from Autowatch - are they easy to fit yourself? Or do you need to be a file trained electrician :giggle:

First check that the gap between the contact and the magnet in the door edge is not too great by gently easing the magnet out a bit with a pair of long-nosed pliers as our gap was right on the limit when we first got our van and sometimes the alarm would set and other time it would not. The gap needs to be under 10mm.

Normally the route for the contact wires is behind the flyscreen frame and then down through the edge of the step area and out under the van.
The flyscreen just clips into the doorframe and can be easily be eased away with a plastic trim tool. In the bottom aluminum section of the flyscreen are two screws are removed that secure it to the the floor.
With the flyscreen removed, you should now see the two white wires from the contact. You should be able to gently pull the wires up through the floor to give you a bit of slack.
At this point you can test if your problem is the contact by cutting both of the wires, stripping back a little of the wire insulation on the wires going through the floor and twisting the bare wire ends together, and then try setting your alarm.
If the alarm sets okay then change the contact, but if the alarm is still not setting then, oh bugger, but you have at least proved that the fault lay elsewhere.
The contact is only a tight push fit into the doorframe with a little bit of sealant around the edge.
If the contact proves to be at fault then I find the easiest way to remove to contact is to drive a woodscrew deep into the face of the old contact and tug it out with a pair of pliers.

By the way, welcome to the madhouse.
1648448312619.gif

Last edited:

Beti

Free Member
Mar 27, 2022
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis Majestic 115
Exp
About 8 years
Two on Tour I chickened out of doing it myself, and got Kits and Bits in today to do the job. Very professional job, they found the problem (hab door like you said) and fitted a wireless switch instead. Highly recommended.
On the plus side, my van is like Fort Knox now with the other extra security I fitted myself!
Cheers

Sep 10, 2022
Warrington, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
First check that the gap between the contact and the magnet in the door edge is not too great by gently easing the magnet out a bit with a pair of long-nosed pliers as our gap was right on the limit when we first got our van and sometimes the alarm would set and other time it would not. The gap needs to be under 10mm.

Normally the route for the contact wires is behind the flyscreen frame and then down through the edge of the step area and out under the van.
The flyscreen just clips into the doorframe and can be easily be eased away with a plastic trim tool. In the bottom aluminum section of the flyscreen are two screws are removed that secure it to the the floor.
With the flyscreen removed, you should now see the two white wires from the contact. You should be able to gently pull the wires up through the floor to give you a bit of slack.
At this point you can test if your problem is the contact by cutting both of the wires, stripping back a little of the wire insulation on the wires going through the floor and twisting the bare wire ends together, and then try setting your alarm.
If the alarm sets okay then change the contact, but if the alarm is still not setting then, oh bugger, but you have at least proved that the fault lay elsewhere.
The contact is only a tight push fit into the doorframe with a little bit of sealant around the edge.
If the contact proves to be at fault then I find the easiest way to remove to contact is to drive a woodscrew deep into the face of the old contact and tug it out with a pair of pliers.

By the way, welcome to the madhouse. View attachment 600201
Bit late on to this thread guys but I have the auto watch on my majestic 125, Boxer base 2016. I think I have the bonnet switch issue so have disconnected it to see if I still get spurious alarms or the 3 double chirps when setting, all good for last 24 hours since I disconnected it though. My question is the Hab door door doesn’t have any visible reed switches or magnet in the door or the frame like the photos in the above post that I can see however but even if I slightly open the door the alarm chirps and will go off a few seconds later. I’m not opening the door enough to trigger the internal PIR so am wondering (before I take it apart) could they have fitted the switch inside the internal door handle assembly?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The connection to door sensors is via the canbus system. If you clean and lube the bonnet switch it should be ok.

Sep 10, 2022
Warrington, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
The connection to door sensors is via the canbus system. If you clean and lube the bonnet switch it should be ok.
Thanks, I thought I would just disconnect it and monitor for a day or two as with it connected the alarm often won’t set or when it does it will go off randomly and usually at night when it’s up the drive on hookup much to the dismay of our neighbours. If it’s stable with it disconnected I’ll sort the switch bonnet switch out. You say hab door is on the canbus, so how does it know I’ve opened the hab door given it’s not on the central locking system and the are no apparent wired or wireless contacts that I can see?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks, I thought I would just disconnect it and monitor for a day or two as with it connected the alarm often won’t set or when it does it will go off randomly and usually at night when it’s up the drive on hookup much to the dismay of our neighbours. If it’s stable with it disconnected I’ll sort the switch bonnet switch out. You say hab door is on the canbus, so how does it know I’ve opened the hab door given it’s not on the central locking system and the are no apparent wired or wireless contacts that I can see?
Most the van is connected to the canbus network on modern vehicles including central locking. It all talks back to the ecu etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back