Autowatch alarm help PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2022
Warrington, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Thanks for the update I’ve got a good gist of how canbus works but as the hab door is manual lock / unlock only ( no electronics connected) I’m struggling with how the door being opened by key unlocking is triggering the alarm with no visible sensors present. It’s not what’s causing the problem as that seems to be the hottest switch, but I was just interested to know how the hab door is working and or connected in case I get any issues with that later on.

Oct 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Good news Lee, and thanks for coming back and letting us know that you have got it sorted. (y)
Two on Tour can I tap into your knowledge on these autowatch alarms? I’m getting the 3 chirps after setting as well. I’ve checked the bonnet switch by manually pushing it in and still get the 3 chirps. I’ve changed the batteries in the Hab PIR sensor as the next test but how do I get the alarm to recognise the sensor again? If I input the code with the ignition should it find it automatically? Or is there more codes to input to get it to search/find the sensor?

Sep 10, 2022
Warrington, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Two on Tour can I tap into your knowledge on these autowatch alarms? I’m getting the 3 chirps after setting as well. I’ve checked the bonnet switch by manually pushing it in and still get the 3 chirps. I’ve changed the batteries in the Hab PIR sensor as the next test but how do I get the alarm to recognise the sensor again? If I input the code with the ignition should it find it automatically? Or is there more codes to input to get it to search/find the sensor?
I was having exactly same issue and pressing in the bonnet switch made no difference. I have just pulled the single spade connector off the switch, taped it up to be safe and for the last week everything has been fine. I can set the alarm and if I open the hab door the alarm chirps then will sound the alarm about 20 secs later so all is good. Think I will get a new switch for the bonnet. Have you tried the above?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Your hab PIR will not need re-pairing to the alarm it will have retained its info.
The fault points towards your hab door contact unless for some reason the bonnet switch contact or its wiring is in some way being grounded.
Do you have anything that resembles the contact and magnet in the photos I posted in post #45 of this thread?

Oct 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Your hab PIR will not need re-pairing to the alarm it will have retained its info.
The fault points towards your hab door contact unless for some reason the bonnet switch contact or its wiring is in some way being grounded.
Do you have anything that resembles the contact and magnet in the photos I posted in post #45 of this thread?
Thanks for that. Yes I have the contact on the door frame and the magnet on the door. It is borderline on the 10mm distance so if the PIR doesn’t need re-pairing then I’ll try easing out the magnet on the door a bit first.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for that. Yes I have the contact on the door frame and the magnet on the door. It is borderline on the 10mm distance so if the PIR doesn’t need re-pairing then I’ll try easing out the magnet on the door a bit first.
Yes, that would be my first action.

If the contact looks to be at fault then there may be a way of confirming it, but I'm not familiar with the layout of your van.
If it turns out that the contact is duff, then your best bet is to buy one from Autowatch as they are not the type used in a normal house-type alarm system.
If Autowatch does not have stock, then I had details of a company that normally stocks them.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We have the Autowatch 695RLC with the Fiat remote alarm key fob and a small AW fob with our spare key. Inside the van, can we set the alarm and then press again to disable the internal sensors? As I had a try whilst inside just setting the alarm and moving around but no alarm went off, I opened a door and that still set it off. So not sure if the internal sensor is very effective.
I then tried again, double pressing of the remote and got a different bleep, and noticed the dash lock light flashing rather than a solid light. Again moving around didn’t set anything off. When I opened a door I just got a bleeping sound not the full alarm.
So I’m confused on whether I can set the alarm whilst inside reliably?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have the Autowatch 695RLC with the Fiat remote alarm key fob and a small AW fob with our spare key. Inside the van, can we set the alarm and then press again to disable the internal sensors? As I had a try whilst inside just setting the alarm and moving around but no alarm went off, I opened a door and that still set it off. So not sure if the internal sensor is very effective.
I then tried again, double pressing of the remote and got a different bleep, and noticed the dash lock light flashing rather than a solid light. Again moving around didn’t set anything off. When I opened a door I just got a bleeping sound not the full alarm.
So I’m confused on whether I can set the alarm whilst inside reliably?

Are you letting the full 30 seconds pass for the alarm to be properly set before performing your different testing actions?

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Are you letting the full 30 seconds pass for the alarm to be properly set before performing your different testing actions?
No I don’t think I did. Just tried again, works perfectly! Appreciate your assistance 👍

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back