LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can you describe the control panel to me please ?
There are two basic types
One has LCD rad out and one just led's.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Here you go....
Hi David
Just got back from the hospital and saw your link, many thanks for that, I printed it off and went round to the motorhome to see if I could make any sence of it, opened the cupboard and staring me straight in the face is EC325 5 Power Control System. I'm not sure why I had the leaflet to the other one, your guess is as good as mine. But anyway, with your helpfull link I've located the correct one. Sorry to misslead you. Next is to read up and initialy remove fuses one by one and see if that makes any difference.
Many Thanks Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
If you had a real 3.7 amp discharge your battery would be dead in about 24 hours.
Hi Teamsaga Yes I would agree with you it must be like having a TV or something similar on all the time. As I said to David I'm going to read the EC325 info and then remove fuses one by one to see if there is any difference.
Many Thanks Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
The usual think is to remove trim from around control panel, unscrew, remove the jumper cable from the back and leave out for a short while before re-connecting.. That used to cure most issues and re-set the unit..
Hi Tonka Sorry like I said to David the info in my documents is the EC200 why I have this I'm not sure, perhaps he had it changed, I don't know but anyway Thanks for the info.
Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
when I had the problem it was caused by one of the two leisure battery's going down and blowing its fuse, this in turn cased someimballace to the display, once new batterys had been installed and the fuse replaced I just had to recallabrate the system and all was well
Hi There Please be aware that there was a mistake in my documents. I have the EC325 system if you go further with the investigation. If you want to look at my system there is a link in my reply to Jaws thread.
Many Thanks Tony

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Short answer No. Brief explanation what's a battery to battery charger is please. Is it the vehicle battery charging the leisure battery?
Probably best to ignore my question as it just complicates things I think and on reflection doesn't add anything! A brain fart on my part. :)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
As a result of what you said above the penny may have just dropped. I had the AT 740SE basically the same vehicle and basically the same "problem". I have also been struggling to remember what I found.

Tony have you checked to see if your drop down TV system is off? You need to switch off the two round rocker switches on the panel in the locker to the right of the locker containing the EC325 unit. You should also drop the screen and ensure it is off. The power button is on the edge of the unit. Let us know what happens please.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK.. From memory when the panel is showing current draw press and hold the 'select' button and the reading will calibrate for you

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
You need to switch off the two round rocker switches on the panel in the locker to the right of the locker containing the EC325 unit. You should also drop the screen and ensure it is off.
Hi Dorset Diver
I was wondering what those switches did, I did find them the other day when searching for a solution so I did turn them off but just been there to check again to see if the monitor was also off.
So unfortunately that's not the problem, but thanks anyway.
This motorhome is like shutting down a nuclear reactor lol.
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
OK.. From memory when the panel is showing current draw press and hold the 'select' button and the reading will calibrate for you
Hi Jaws Should I not find out if there is a negative draw before I reset the system?
Are you thinking I might not have a negative draw down?
Many Thanks Tony

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Dorset Diver
I was wondering what those switches did, I did find them the other day when searching for a solution so I did turn them off but just been there to check again to see if the monitor was also off.
So unfortunately that's not the problem, but thanks anyway.
This motorhome is like shutting down a nuclear reactor lol.
Best Wishes Tony
Okay Tony. A quick way to see if there is some draw is to disconnect the battery(S). If you open the locker outside you will find either a 20 or 25 amp fuse (yellow) in the line to the battery; one in each line if you have two batteries. Just pull it or them out and connect a meter in place of one of the fuses.
PS I assume your TV tuner is off?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have you checked that there is a draw ?
Chances are you haven't.. It is just the meter doing daft things.
I spent a day trying to find the 1.8a draw in mine.
In the end actually bothered to hook up a meter and measure it.
Draw was a few mA which was being taken by the EM50 unit

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
If you scroll to page 13 on your instructions it tells you how to recalabrate

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Tony, No offence meant but do you think you are seeing the power that the SP is providing rather than a draw?

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
A quick way to see if there is some draw is to disconnect the battery(S). If you open the locker outside you will find either a 20 or 25 amp fuse (yellow) in the line to the battery; one in each line if you have two batteries. Just pull it or them out and connect a meter in place of one of the fuses.
Have you checked that there is a draw ?
Hi Dorset Diver and Jaws
I’ve just done what Dorset Diver said and checked it, it’s drawing down 0.1 of an amp which to me is acceptable, I’ve also reset it in the control unit as Jaws suggested and all seem OK Whooooooooo. Just shows you what a great site, well not the site but the great people on here willing to put themselves out to help you. This is to all who helped me Thank you very very much.
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
No offence meant but do you think you are seeing the power that the SP is providing rather than a draw?
Dorset Diver It takes a lot to offend me, esspecially in text where it can be taken wrongly. What do you mean by SP?
Tony

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Tony, just as a matter of interest two batteries or one? and very pleased you are now a happy bunny.
PS SP = Solar Panel.
Regards
Roger (a.k.a. DD)

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
PS SP = Solar Panel.
Thanks DD All these abbreviations, I will get used to them in the end, but to answer your question, one brand new 110Amp hr battery. I intend to put another one in line with this one, or should I say in parallel with this one which is more accurate.
Many Thanks Tony

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tony, No offence meant but do you think you are seeing the power that the SP is providing rather than a draw?
That atually shows on the panel as a minus figure :)

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
That atually shows on the panel as a minus figure
Hi Jaws I have a 100watt panel if it's an overcast day like today I would be getting very little if nothing out of it, is that correct. So the meter would only show a small draw. It cerainly would not be producing -3.5 amps at the meter would it like the figure I was getting??
Thanks Tony

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Jaws I have a 100watt panel if it's an overcast day like today I would be getting very little if nothing out of it, is that correct. So the meter would only show a small draw. It cerainly would not be producing -3.5 amps at the meter would it like the figure I was getting??
Thanks Tony
100 w panel would indeed deliver bout that if the batteries are slightly down !
Methinks I would wait until it gets dark, go out with a torch so you do not have to turn any lights on and revisit the calibration procedure !

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Methinks I would wait until it gets dark, go out with a torch so you do not have to turn any lights on and revisit the calibration procedure !
Good thinking Batman I'll do that and let you know how I get on.
Best Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back