Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There

I am hoping someone on here knows about Autotrail electrics.
I have a Autotrail Cheyenne 840D; it has two side lights on top of the bulge at the front; I’ve checked both bulbs and both sides with a meter and it seems there is no power to either; I’ve also been checking the fuses as well. The side lights in the headlights are working; does anyone know if there is a separate fuse or how these lights are wired up.
47E9F51D-0BE8-4B84-AEA3-266C07FF0CCA.jpeg

Best Wishes Tony

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I don't think the side lights are fused, I had a similar problem the way I sorted it was to disconnect the battery for about 20 mins making sure you cover any solar panels. I think it's something to do with the can bus and disconnecting the battery resets it.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I don't know anything about the wiring, but I wouldn't lean a ladder against the front dome. It's very thin and cracks very easily, particularly if it's a few years old.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
On my Autotrail, the fuses for the marker lights are in the EM50 box. Mine is on the floor behind the driver's seat.
You my friend are a star just looked behind the seat and the fuse which does the marker lights was blown; someone had put in a 5 amp fuse instead of the required 7.5 amps; I’ll get some tomorrow and hopefully all will be well in the world again.
Best Wishes Tony

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
You my friend are a star just looked behind the seat and the fuse which does the marker lights was blown; someone had put in a 5 amp fuse instead of the required 7.5 amps; I’ll get some tomorrow and hopefully all will be well in the world again.
Best Wishes Tony
Glad to have been able to help. John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back