Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I measured the overall size and its 50mm where do you get a flexible pipe to it for emptying the tank. Ie running it to the hedge on a rally or cl site. Cheers

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Cheers, never thought of pond stuff. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only Internal size applies....50mm external will be wrong.

Ebay....loads of it.

suitable fittings may be more of a challenge though

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Aquatic supplies / garden centres... (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
From memory, ours is 42mm id but ..........

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The grey domestic waste ( I think it is 40 ml Dia) fits snugly inside the waste in Autotrail and also inside vacuum pipe hose. I got mine from Brownhills at Newark. I got it from the spares counter not the accessory shop and was not charged for the little piece of grey pipe. This was about a year ago, and the chap that seemed to know about this was about to retire I think.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
What you are looking for is a flexible hose and couplings supplier in your area. Probably best to search it on your computer. They are normally located on industrial estates in the larger towns and supply all types and sizes of flexible hoses and fittings over the counter, most also sell / repair hydraulic hoses for things like construction equipment. If you find a good one they will take a look at the outlet fitting on your van and supply you with the correct size fittings, couplings, and even down to the stainless steel hose clips required. I’ve taken a flyer on a company that may be local to you by visiting the first link below.

http://allhoseandhydraulics.co.uk/home/3663007

Its also worth spending some time looking at the various hose couplings and fittings on the two web sites below. Flexible hose is measured internally (normally in inches) and plastic pipe is measured externally (normally in metric), water pipe fittings normally have BSP threads and the size has nothing to do with the outside measurement just to confuse matters. Consider fitting a male quick release coupling (such as a cam lock) to the waste pipe outlet to allow the extended pipe to be easily detached. Keep the coupling size the same as the outlet on the waste pipe to quickly drain down your tank normally but consider reducing down the size of the flexible pipe from the detachable coupling for the hose running to the waste point / hedge as something like a 10 metre length of 2” hose will be hard to store and there is no need to drain down the tank on your van quickly when parked on site.

https://www.obartpumps.co.uk/search/category/hose-pipe-fittings-205?search=

https://www.pump.co.uk/hose-accessories-c279

Dave.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I found a part in the plumbing section at Wickes, cost about £2something to do with central heating. It is exactly right size to push into Autotrail waste. 22 mm hole in centre insert flexible 22mm clear polythene tubing to length you want. Total cost £5or less.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
On our Auto-Trail Tracker FB 2015 l use a 1 1/4 inch or metric equivalent
Straight waste pipe connector. Cut off the sealing ring at one end just behind the fatter bit trim off name and any numbers etc with Stanley knife 2 or 3 runs of 2" wide tape wrapped round it you have the perfect fit Simples the end that still has sealing ring on will take and hold the larger size of convoluted caravan waste pipe. Or put a short bit of 1 1/4 pipe in outer end and get some roll flat pump pipe to fit.
From Martyn's Bargains of Retford sell a lot of roll up flat water pump hose in different sizes and lengths also do mail order.
Been using ours for 2 1/2 years no problems.
Cliff

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
On my Rapido the waste outlet is difficult to reach as it is about 18" inboard from the side, and the valve is opened by a remote actuator. So fitting anything to it involves kneeling or lying on one's side. I plan to extend this to the 2 rear corners with a valve on each side using domestic plastic drain pipe hidden from view by the tow bar frame and supported from it using cable ties. This will allow me to simply connect pipe to a nearby ditch or service point. I just need someone to give me a round tuit.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I thought Autotrail wastes pipes were 40mm OD (outside diameter) with a standard 40mm double socket bend on the end. So a standard 40mm (metric equivalent to inch and a half) pipe will push into it.

I bought flexible pipe with a short length of 40mm rigid pipe from @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes a few years ago which was advertised as for an Autotrail waste. It fitted both my Adria and Hymer.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Go along to your local waste tip and buy an old vac pipe. I bought one for 50p and its an ideal fit

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This is what I've done to extend my central grey waste drain, I can now drain into a bowl, bucket etc or connect a flexible hose and drain into hedgerow.

John.
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back