Autotrail Tracker RB and Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4 driveway awning (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2021
Locks Heath, Park Gate, Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, I am looking for confirmation from someone that has successfully used an Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4 driveway awning with an Autotrail Tracker RB (2014) - was it the Midline (designed for 220 - 255cms awning rail height) version that worked?
I initially bought a Highline (designed for 255 - 310cms awning rail height) version of this awning but found that it was far too tall to be usable (with a Kador strip & figure of 8) in heavy rain.
Please let me know if any one has experience of this combination.

Many thanks

Witchwood

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
marmite1
Could you not fix it with the straps instead of to the wind out? That way you could pull the tunnel material tighter I'm guessing.. Not really sure though as the highline I have ordered hasn't arrived yet ( getting really messed about by Glossop Awnings). I'm now concerned that our highline may do the same as our rail is only 257cm... not sure if a midline would stretch that little bit further..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Witchwood, I did not try the storm straps over the roof option, maybe I should have. I'm not sure how successful this would be, particularly in stormy wet weather, but maybe someone can comment on here?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Witchwood

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
marmite1
Another thought, have you asked Glossop Awnings whether the Highline version will fit your van? This would be worth doing if you haven’t. Please post if you get a response either way.
Well I've just had a go at them on the phone about where my highline is... might not appreciate another call from me just yet! When choosing an awning I did tell them the height of my rail and the highline is what they recommended. When I next speak to them I can ask though.

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
W
Hi, I am looking for confirmation from someone that has successfully used an Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4 driveway awning with an Autotrail Tracker RB (2014) - was it the Midline (designed for 220 - 255cms awning rail height) version that worked?
I initially bought a Highline (designed for 255 - 310cms awning rail height) version of this awning but found that it was far too tall to be usable (with a Kador strip & figure of 8) in heavy rain.
Please let me know if any one has experience of this combination.

Many thanks
Why was it unsuitable in heavy rain?

Did you have the correct diameter of kador/figure 8 in?

I'm a bit of a serial awning purchaser, mainly bought vango one's and used to only have bother with the figure 8's separating, allowing rain to fall through the gaps, and I now run a full length figure 8 (2.8 meters long) and we've no problem at all these days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Just noticed that you're a new user, I think you'll need to join so you can reply as you've used up your 5 free posts!
<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Jul 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
hi thanks for the warning about joining - which I have now done.

I did have a drive away kit 3 metres in length whereas the awning strip is 2.7m. The wind out awning was fully retracted to the side of the van, it was not leaking.

The problem I had in heavy rain was that there was too much material between the van and the top of the awning, this meant that rain collected at the front and rear of the tunnel sectioned started to weigh down the material so that it would be touching the side of the awning. The two ends of the tunnel section were sufficiently tight to form a ridge that kept the water from draining. Despite frequent attempts to tip the pools of water over the ends of the tunnel the rain kept falling, so in the end I disconnected the tunnel from the van and fastened it to the ground.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back